Catherine Connor earns ARBTA Lifetime Achievement Award
| October 10, 2011 |
Catherine (Cathy) Connor, senior vice president and manager of Federal Government Affairs for Parsons Brinckerhoff, was the recipient of the Ethel S. Birchland Lifetime Achievement Award from the American Road and Transportation Builders Association (ARTBA).
The award was presented as part of the inaugural 2011 ARTBA “Women Leaders in Transportation Design & Construction” awards. Named after ARTBA’s executive director in the mid-1920s, it is given to women who have demonstrated outstanding leadership and dedication to the advancement of women in the transportation industry.
Connor directs federal legislative, regulatory and political activities for Parsons Brinckerhoff in Washington, D.C. She serves on numerous industry committees and coalitions that advance the cause of the transportation construction industry. She actively engages in public policy development in support of infrastructure investment, works to develop industry consensus, and advocates those positions to Congress.
In 2009, Connor received a prestigious company-wide award for her innovative efforts to educate employees about the benefits of civic and political engagement. She is a founding member of Parsons Brinckerhoff’s Women’s Outreach Network, through which she mentors women within the firm and advises senior management on women’s initiatives. Connor has also been recognized with awards from the Women’s Transportation Seminar and the Conference of Minority Transportation Officials for her leadership efforts.
From our partners
At first blush, it sounds like a simple project: paint a champagne-colored…
More From: Industry Briefs
- Parsons Brinckerhoff awarded contract for construction engineering and inspection services for I-4 widening in Florida
- Newmont Mining Company names Metso as supplier of the year
- Blastrac opens Greenville, S.C. location, adds Ricky Norkett and Mike Lancaster to ‘Team Blue’
- Michael F. Donnino elected to ARTBA’s executive committee
- Winners announced for student video contest on transportation issues
- Volvo Trucks names Göran Nyberg...