APWA recognizes 27 certified infrastructure professionals
| July 09, 2010 |
The American Public Works Association (APWA) named 27 public works infrastructure professionals from the U.S. and Canada that have recently earned credentials as Certified Public Infrastructure Inspectors (CPII).
Since its inception in 2008, the CPII program has certified 146 public works inspectors. The CPII certification is specifically designated for individuals that inspect the construction of public infrastructure, and other types of construction work and materials to ensure compliance with plans and specifications.
“The number of public works professionals who have achieved CPII certification continues to expand,” said APWA President Larry Koehle, P.E., MPA, in a written statement from APWA. “Being connected with, and certified by APWA, ensures competent, experienced, and well-trained construction inspectors. The benefits go ultimately to our communities by providing recognized hiring and promotion standards that will lead to an improved workforce and improved delivery of services. This group has demonstrated their expertise and they are commended for their achievement.”
Recent APWA Certified Public Infrastructure Inspectors include the following people:
- David H. Babcock, Malcolm Pirnie, Inc., Carlsbad, CA
- Robert W. Borchering, Robinson Engineering, Frankfort, IL
- Joseph T. Bullock, West Yost Associates, Roseville, CA
- Bob Crowdes, City of West Des Moines, West Des Moines, IA
- Michael Anthony DeFranco, City of Scottsdale, Scottsdale, AZ
- Peter K. Faberbock, Robinson Engineering, Merrillville, IN
- Ronald P. Faria, Jr, City of San Luis Obispo, San Luis Obispo ,CA
- Ray T. Franks, Robinson Engineering, South Holland, IL
- Steven J. King, Robinson Engineering, Merrillville, IN
- Mike Mohr, HR Gray, Hilliard, OH
- Gary W. Ranney, West Yost Associates, Roseville, CA
- Kelly E. Sand, West Des Moines, West Des Moines, IA
- Rich Scholl, City of West Des Moines, West Des Moines, IA
- Jeffery S. Smith, West Yost Associates, Roseville, CA
- Martin Sobanski, Palatine, IL
- Bruce A. Stone, Robinson Engineering, Frankfort, IL
- Michael B. Stone, Robinson Engineering, Frankfort, IL
- Lloyd Tjeerdsma, Gray & Osborne Inc, Seattle, WA
- Richard Valente, Vanir Construction Management, American Canyon, CA
- David A. Webber, Robinson Engineering, South Holland, IL
- Thomas S. Wessel, City of Federal Way, Federal Way, WA
- John E. Becht, Spalding DeDecker Associates, Rochester Hills, MI
- John M. Fitzpatrick, Robinson Engineering, South Holland, IL
- Lenard E. Lynn, Trotter and Associates, Inc., Saint Charles, IL
- Bruce Mills, Fallon, NV
- Virgil Eugene Schweitzer, City of Round Rock, Round Rock, TX
- Chuck Winkle, City of Buena Park, Buena Park, CA
The APWA Public Infrastructure Inspector Certification is aimed at promoting quality infrastructure throughout the community by advancing the knowledge and practice of construction inspection to benefit the community and public agencies.
Computer-based testing is now available at more than 170 sites in the United States.
For more information about the Certified Public Infrastructure Inspector program, or APWA’s other professional development initiatives, visit APWA’s Website at www.apwa.net/certification or contact Certification Manager Becky Stein via phone at 816-595-5212 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
From our partners
“Some equipment managers are breathing easy about their rate of diesel consumption after equipping engines with a new fuel catalyst.” …
More From: Workforce
- Parsons Brinckerhoff awarded contract for construction engineering and inspection services for I-4 widening in Florida
- Newmont Mining Company names Metso as supplier of the year
- Blastrac opens Greenville, S.C. location, adds Ricky Norkett and Mike Lancaster to ‘Team Blue’
- Michael F. Donnino elected to ARTBA’s executive committee
- Winners announced for student video contest on transportation issues
- Volvo Trucks names Göran Nyberg...