//--- META DESCRIPTION FOR BOOMTRAIN---//?>
Brush cutters and mulchers
By Amy Materson
HEAVY DUTY HEAD
Handle a range of mulching applications with FAE’s DT line of PTO tractor mounted forestry super duty heads, including the UML/DT 200, with a 79-inch cutting width, and the UML/DT 225, with an 89-inch cutting width.
• Fixed tooth drum has double carbide teeth
• Mulch up to 20 inches in diameter, 2 inches deep
• Double side transmission mulches difficult material.
Shred 8-inch-diameter trees, brush and other vegetation with Bradco’s Magnum land clearing mulcher from Paladin Construction Group.
• Available in 36-, 60- and 72-inch widths
• Suits carriers including excavators, skid steers and compact track loaders
• Fixed hammers hold a variety of carbide single, double, claw and
reversible teeth configurations.
Seppi M’s Starforst forestry mulcher delivers high performance in a midsize unit.
• Midrange unit is larger than Seppi’s Midiforst dt, but weighs less than the Superforst
• Suitable for tractors up to 252 horsepower
• Aggressive unit offers strong mulching power while retaining maneuverability.
Sneller Machine’s self powered brush and tree removal attachment mounts to either an excavator or compact track loader with no modifications to the carrier.
• Has triple sealed bearings and carbide teeth
• Engine provides direct power to the cutting head
• Available with a Cummings QSB 275 horsepower, 170 horsepower or Caterpillar C2.2 engine.
Experience high performance in a compact size from Bron’s 275 mulcher, which offers a low 3.5-psi ground pressure rating.
• Caterpillar C7 engine produces 275 horsepower for fine mulching
• Two units are transportable on one flatbed
• Features a climate controlled cab.
Handle heavy weeds, undergrowth, brush and saplings up to 3 inches in diameter with CE Attachments’ Edge rotary mower.
• Available in 60- to 90-inch widths for standard or high flow hydraulic systems
• Direct drive hydraulic mower requires 14 to 40 gpm
• Has ¼-inch steel deck and heavy duty stump jumper for rough terrain.
CUT IT OUT
Cut, chip and mulch brush and trees with ProGrind’s excavator mounted Pro Head grinder, which can handle any terrain.
• Uses a 440-horsepower Caterpillar C-13 engine
• Cutter head position can be changed while the unit is in operation
• A rotator for the cutter head is also available.
Fecon’s Bull Hog mulching attachments now feature the HDT Rotor System, which has a stronger tool holder design and a staggered tool pattern to boost cutting efficiency.
• New tool bodies have more efficient shape than previous designs
• Step-tool pattern available on some models
• Multiple tool options – three carbide, a knife tool or combination of tools.
Handle high production land clearing with Bandit Industries’ Model 3500 forestry mower, which features a high capacity hydrostatic hydraulic system that boosts torque and power.
• Steel track undercarriage equipped with three-speed drive – low speed,
high speed and creep
• 74-inch-wide mower has 36 carbide teeth and 8-foot mulching height
• Carbide splitter type teeth grind both brush and trees.
EXTREME DUTY MACHINE
Loftness’ Tree Hammer 360 can be front or rear mounted on 80- to 160-horsepower tractors.
• Features an 80-inch cutting width and 24 7-pound hammers
• Optional rear mulching door and tree pusher bar enables mulching large standing trees
• Optional shear bar allows finer mulch production and prevents jamming in the cutting chamber.
HEAVY BRUSH HANDLER
Perform a range of heavy brush cutting applications with Kershaw’s Klearway 500, which features a 202-horsepower Caterpillar C6.6 engine.
• Use the rotary twin disc mower or interchangeable mulcher and shredder attachments
• Load sensing joystick control allows precise control of lift and tilt features
• Heavy duty hydraulic cooler with hydraulic fan increases performance and simplifies maintenance.
Process brushy tops, limbs and whole trees with Morbark’s 40/36 Whole Tree Chipper.
• Equipped with the same internal drive as Morbark’s horizontal grinders
• Low fuel consumption per ton produced
• Easily transportable at 8 feet, 6 inches wide.
Eliminate the need for expensive, heavy power boosters with Advanced Forest Equipment’s high performance mulching attachment.
• Available in four different models for 7- to 20-metric-ton excavators
• Has Rotary Disc Mulching technology that transfers maximum power using carrier’s existing hydraulics
• Handles material up to 20 inches in diameter.
Perform large scale landclearing and ROW projects with Tigercat’s 480, a 500-horsepower class track mulcher.
• Has narrow overall width and light footprint for soft soil
• Closed loop track drive system and dedicated pump
• High lift boom geometry improves performance on uneven terrain.
Shaver’s StumpBuster is available in either skid steer- or tractor-mounted models.
• Grind stumps to mulch in minutes
• Easy to manuever in compact areas
• StumpBusters are powerful and durable.
Convert a backhoe or excavator into a brush shredding machine with US Mower’s Samurai brush shredders.
• Cut and mulch trees up to 4 inches in diameter
• Features either two- or three- blade cutter shaft configuration
• Manufactured from high strength Domex steel with a powder coated finiish
Clear brush and trees up to 12 inches in diameter with the Geo-Boy Brush Cutter from Jarraff Industries, which handles difficult terrain.
• Features ability to lift the cutter head 11 feet high
• Has 220- and 260-horsepower engine options
• Low center of gravity provides a smooth ride.
CUT AND CLEAR
Pair Rayco’s Predator PM638 mulching head with the C100 Super Crawler to clear everything in your path.
• The PM638 has 38 fixed teeth and clears everything in a 6-foot path
• The C100 features steel tracks and is powered by a 99.2-horse power Kubota turbo diesel
• Rayco’s Super Flow closed loop hydraulic system produces 39 gpm at 5,500 psi.