An aerial view of the 2017 Orlando auction.
Ritchie Bros. is preparing for the start of its big Orlando auction Monday and the heavy equipment auctioneer says this will be the largest version of the annual auction yet.
Company spokesman Ian Malinski says more than 12,800 trucks and pieces of equipment will be available at the auction and sold with no minimum bids or reserve prices.
Because of all the added equipment and strong early demand from equipment sellers, Ritchie expanded the Orlando auction from five to six days. “Adding the sixth auction day really optimizes the event so that we can grow to include more consignors and ensure that we aren’t selling too late into the evening,” says Ritchie Bros. President for U.S. sales Jeff Jeter.
According to Ritchie Bros., “bids can be made at the Orlando auction in person, online in real time at rbauction.com or via the mobile app, and by proxy. Detailed equipment information is available at rbauction.com/Orlando2018—items being sold off-site also have inspection reports and are backed by IronClad Assurance.”
The 2018 auction will offer the following equipment:
- 765+ excavators
- 520+ comapctors
- 475+ skid steers
- 380+ loaders
- 300+ dozers
- 165+ articulated dump trucks
- 155 cranes
- 380+ aerial work platforms
- 430+ truck tractors
- 195+ dump trucks
We’ll be heading to Orlando next week to provide coverage of the record-breaking auction. Here’s how the schedule breaks down.
- Day 1: Monday, Feb. 19 – skid steers, forklifts, loader backhoes, boom lifts, scissor lifts
- Day 2: Tuesday, Feb. 20 – agriculture tractors, motor graders, wheel loaders, rock trucks, articulated dump trucks, trenchers, direction drills, pull scrapers, log loaders, feller bunchers, mulchers
- Day 3: Wednesday, Feb. 21 – vibratory rollers, tandem rollers, pneumatic rollers, pulverizers, pipelayers, crawler tractors, crawler loaders, cranes, crushers, screen plants, conveyors, pavers, asphalt distributor trucks, road wideners, barges, railroad equipment
- Day 4: Thursday, Feb. 22 – vacuum trucks, water trucks, fuel & lube trucks, mechanics trucks, rolloff trucks, mixer trucks, concrete pump trucks, dump trucks, hydraulic excavators, mobile excavators, mid-size excavators, small excavators
- Day 5: Friday, Feb. 23 – buses, motor homes, emergency vehicles, boom trucks, cab & chassis, truck tractors, lowboys, beam trailers, hiboys, end dump trailers, pneumatic bulk trailers, asphalt trailers, vacuum trailers, frac tanks, reefer trailers, van trailers, boats, airplanes
- Day 6: Saturday, Feb. 24 – bed trucks, tow trucks, bucket trucks, paint striper trucks, flatbed trucks, van trucks, automobiles, pickup trucks, air compressors, light towers, welders, gensets