//--- META DESCRIPTION FOR BOOMTRAIN---//?>
Tool-maker Dewalt has partnered with Delmar, a company that produces learning products for the technology and trades markets, to release an app for the iPhone and iPad that serves as a powerful calculator and reference tool on the jobsite.
The free Dewalt Mobile Pro app contains a construction calculator for solving complex jobsite math in the field, and five basic calculations with integrated reference materials to offer help, examples and illustrations. The app also includes a running history of recent calculations, a customizable list of favorite calculations for quick access to those used most often, and the ability to instantly email calculation results.
The construction calculator has the following capabilities:
• Area, length and volume conversions.
• Area and volume shape math including circles, squares, rectangles and polygons.
• Feet-inch math for lengths, areas and volumes.
• Decimal and fractional math.
• Powers, logs, trigonometric and hyperbolic math functions.
• Calculation history with fast recall.
• Store results or calculations in 10 memory locations.
Though the app is a free download, it also includes trade-specific calculations and formulas that can be purchased as additional packs. There are hundreds of additional calculations and corresponding reference materials unique to specific trades available. Add-on packs are available in the areas of Business and Finance; Conversions and Math; Site Work; Finish Work; Concrete and Masonry; Carpentry; Electrical; Plumbing and more.
The cost of the add-on packs ranges between $2 and $10.