Volvo Construction Equipment’s next Road Institute will kick off in November.
The institute provides operator and maintenance training on Volvo pavers and soil and asphalt compactors and their hydraulic and electrical systems, as well as teaches paving best practices and details the latest in requirements for state departments of transportation. Those who complete the paver and compactor courses can also earn Diamond Paving commendation requirements from the National Asphalt Pavement Association.
The courses, which run through May, provide hands-on training as well as classroom instruction. Each session lasts two to five days. They are held at these locations: Road Institute Training Centers in Shippensburg and Chambersburg, Pennsylvania, and at the Road Institute West location in Phoenix, Arizona. The paver and compactor class with a Spanish-language focus will be February 11-14 in Phoenix.
Courses being offered:
- Paver and Compactor Operation & Maintenance – Two days of classroom-style learning plus two days of hands-on application in best practices, including an overview of Compact Assist with Density Direct.
- Paving and Compaction Application Seminar – Two days of classroom instruction dedicated to paving and compaction best practices.
- Paver Hydraulic and Electrical Systems – Four to five days of training on the hydraulic and electrical systems of Volvo P4410/P4410B and the P7000/P7000B series pavers, with lessons that allow for hands-on troubleshooting.
- Large Asphalt Compactor Mechanics – Three days of maintenance and technical training for large asphalt compactors, including system functions, troubleshooting, and adjustments of hydraulic and electrical systems.
- Small Asphalt Compactor Mechanics – Three days of mechanical training for asphalt compactors under 7 tons.
- Soil Compactor Mechanics – Three days of general service instruction for soil compactors.
To see the course schedule, click here.
For more information about the courses, registration and hotels, click here.