The Nebraska Department of Roads (NDOR) has selected project proposals for the first round of the County Bridge Match Program, which provides funding to counties for the “innovative replacement and repair of deficient county bridges.”
This round provides $4 million to be distributed to 22 proposals in 32 counties and 68 bridges across the state. The program funds 55 percent of eligible bridge construction costs and the counties pick up the remaining 45 percent.
Sixty-one counties submitted 80 proposals valued at more than $20 million and included 151 bridges.
“Over the last eight months the Department of Roads has worked with our partners to implement a program that meets the intentions of the Transportation Innovation Act,” says NDOR Director Kyle Schneweis. “I am proud of how the CBMP has come together in a short period of time to provide assistance to our communities by addressing critical needs within Nebraska’s transportation system.”
Proposals selected in this round are available on the NDOR website, here.
Last year Gov. Pete Ricketts signed the 2016 Transportation Innovation Act into law that created the program.