The Illinois Tollway’s board of directors approved 11 construction project contracts valued at $57.3 million along with a $6.5 million engineering service contract during its February meeting.
The contracts are a continuation of the organization’s Move Illinois program, which has had more than $4.2 billion in contracts approved since its 2012 inception. For this year, Illinois Tollway has approved roughly $86.9 million in construction and engineering projects
“The contracts presented to the board today include the final large contract needed to complete the rebuilding and widening of the Jane Addams Memorial Tollway (I-90),” says Executive Director Greg Bedalov. “Additionally, nearly half of the work approved today is going to small businesses. The Tollway is seeing increased competition for large and small contracts alike, indicating that more firms are aware of and able to bid on Tollway projects, which is a positive sign for our Small Business Initiative.”
Construction contracts approved include:
- $28.8 million for the Jane Addams Memorial Tollway (I-90) Rebuilding and Widening Project: $27.2 million contract to Walsh Construction Co., Chicago, for rebuilding and widening between Roselle Road and Illinois Route 53; $1.6 million contract to Foundation Mechanics, Chicago, for landscaping work between Randall Road and Irene Road.
- $10.8 million for the Elgin O’Hare Western Access Project: $9.4 million contract to Lindahl Brothers Inc., Bensenville, Illinois, for earthwork and drainage improvements between the Tri-State Tollway (I-294) and Franklin Avenue; $1.4 million contract to Rausch Infrastructure, Chicago, IL, for drainage improvements on Illinois Route 390 between Plum Grove Road and Meacham Road.
- $6.7 million contract to Judlau Contracting Inc., College Point, New York, for rebuilding and widening the southbound Veterans Memorial Tollway (I-355) between 75th Street and 71st Street.
- $5.4 million contract to Sheridan Plumbing & Sewer Inc., Bedford Park, Illinois, for drainage work on I-355 between Army Trail Road and I-80 and on the Reagan Memorial Tollway (I-88) between I-355 and Finley Road.
- $1.5 million contract to National Power Rodding Corp., Chicago, for drainage work on I-294 between Illinois Route 394 and 95th Street.
- $1.4 million contract to Pagoda Electric & Construction, Flossmoor, Illinois, for HVAC, elevator and electrical improvements at the Illinois Tollway headquarters building in Downers Grove.
- $940,741 contract to Chicago Commercial Construction, Chicago, for parking lot improvements at the Illinois Tollway headquarters building in Downers Grove.
- $932,500 contract to Autumn Construction Services Inc., Lombard, Illinois, for HVAC equipment replacement at various toll plazas systemwide.
- $850,000 contract to RoadSafe Traffic Systems Inc., Romeoville, Illinois, for systemwide pavement marking work.
The professional engineering services contract approved is for $6.5 million to Wight & Company/GSG Consultants Inc., Darien, Illinois, for design and construction management services for the Elgin O’Hare Western Access Project.