The board of directors for the Illinois Tollway approved $162.4 million for seven construction contracts and $3.5 million for an engineering contract in the group’s November round of approvals.
The approvals, which are part of the Move Illinois program, bring the total for the year to roughly $1.1 billion and more than $4.1 billion since the program began in 2012.
“This month’s awards include the final roadway and bridge construction contract needed to complete construction of the new Illinois Route 390 Tollway between Lake Street and Illinois Route 83 leading to western access to O’Hare Airport,” says Illinois Tollway Executive Director Greg Bedalov.
“To date, more than $827 million in contracts have been approved for work on the Elgin O’Hare Western Access Project, providing opportunities for an estimated 360 unique businesses to work with the tollway.”
Construction projects approved include:
$108.1 million for construction of the I-90 Rebuilding and Widening Project:
- $71.3 million in contracts to Plote Construction Inc., Hoffman Estates, Illinois, for roadway and bridge construction including a $41 million contract for work between Higgins Road and Roselle Road and a $30.3 million contract for work between Illinois Route 25 and Higgins Road.
- A $21.1 million contract to Lorig Construction Co., Des Plaines, Illinois, for roadway and bridge construction from the Elgin Toll Plaza to the Fox River Bridge.
- A $9.2 million contract to Lorig Construction Co., Des Plaines, Illinois, for eastbound bridge rehabilitation between Des Plaines River Road and the Kennedy Expressway.
- A $6.5 million contract to Lorig Construction Co., Des Plaines, Illinois, for local crossroad bridge reconstruction at Tripp Road and Spring Center Road.
$54.3 million for construction of the new Illinois Route 390 Tollway:
- A $53 million contract to Plote Construction Inc./Dunnet Bay Construction Co., joint venture, Hoffman Estates, Illinois, for pavement and bridge construction from west of Prospect Avenue to east of Lively Boulevard.
- A $1.3 million contract to Semper Fi Yard Service Inc., Yorkville, Illinois, for landscaping between Lake Street (U.S. Route 20) and Rohlwing Road (Illinois Route 53).
The engineering contract is for $3.5 million to Globetrotters Engineering Corp., Chicago, for construction management services for bridge work system wide.