Designed to handle the more severe frost and rock removal jobs, the Leading Edge Attachments, Inc.™s SHARC (SHanks on an ARC) Multi-Ripper and Multi-Ripper Bucket are an engineering breakthrough! The Multi-Ripper and Multi-Ripper Bucket can be used for a wide range of tough material applications such as excavating frozen ground, coral, sandstone, limestone, shale, decomposed granite and caliche. These unique patent pending designs have demonstrated that they can rip up to 4 times faster than a hydraulic hammer and dig up to 10 times faster than using a single pointed ripper tooth! Under severe digging conditions, the performance also exceeds other designs of any other frost, rock or ripper buckets. This design is also a mining industry breakthrough for the purpose of wall and roof rock scaling! The Multi-Ripper is the absolute best and most productive ripper available on the market and the Multi-Ripper Bucket is the undisputed best combination ripper and bucket on the market! The new Multi-Ripper products are constructed with tough AR400 steel and available to fit any excavator or backhoe above 6,000 pounds. There are also QC style Multi-Rippers available to fit on 6,000 pound to 30,000 size class Wain-Roy, C&P and Caterpillar Pin-Lock style couplers! Over the past two years, hundreds of these units have been sold through dealers and direct to very satisfied customers! The Multi-Ripper won Construction Equipment magazine™s to 100 products of the Year award for 2003, and the Multi-Ripper Bucket development followed. Leading Edge Attachments, Inc. is currently licensing the product to Wedgelock LTD in New Zealand for manufacture and sales in New Zealand and Australia. Other Multi-Ripper products such as the Multi-Ripper Rake are in the development stages and will be released shortly.
Each Multi-Ripper product functions similarly to that of a trencher except it uses the hydraulic excavator rolling action to rip. The staggered ripper teeth fracture the substrate in sequential order. No two ripper teeth align with each other, so that the maximum breakout force is applied sequentially to each tooth. The Multi-Ripper is considerably shorter thus causing the force multiplication effect that can be up to twice the normal breakout force of the machine! For example, the breakout force generated using the standard bucket on a Cat 330 is 51,000 pounds shared across the five bucket teeth. The Multi-Ripper on the same machine generates 80,000 pounds of breakout force and, through one tooth at a time! Also, when the first tooth breaks out a chunk, the second tooth is there to come slamming down like a hammer ripping out the second chunk, and then the third tooth does the same! The castle top shape groves cut by the front ripper teeth facilitates the fracturing process of the next swipe. The rolling of the Multi-Ripper, by extending the bucket cylinder, always provides the full multiplied breakout force individually on each tooth so that the substrate is ripped out by each individual tooth lifting action. The result is a relatively flat trench bottom due to the fact that the ripper tooth tips all lie on a constant radius with a center of rotation that is close to the tractor loader backhoe or hydraulic excavator dipper stick bucket pivot. The Multi-Ripper Bucket scoops all material that has been ripped so that there is little ripped material left in the trench as do some other ripper buckets. The tools are wider than the excavator stick so the operator can rip very deep while being able to rip the sides of the trench. This is not possible with a single pointed ripper or a rigid mounted hammer! This method is very productive and will greatly extend the life of the machine and buckets.
The Multi-Ripper products are different from anything on the market. There is no excavator ripper or bucket that has multiple shanks staggered and on an arc so that each tooth hits individually. The Multi-Ripper products can replace all hydraulic hammer applications where there is fragmented rock or frozen ground! For these tough applications, the Multi-Ripper products are superior to a hydraulic hammers for the following reasons:
1) The Multi-Ripper products are 4 times faster than a hydraulic hammer. Because the hydraulic hammer has one speed (tink-tink-tink), the amount of material breaking is at one rate. With the Multi-Ripper products, after one tooth breaks out some material, the second tooth is there ready to strike, and then the third. With the combination of the rolling of the bucket cylinder and the raking of the stick cylinder, the operation becomes very fast. Many operators have testified that for use in fragmented rock like caliche, limestone, shale, decomposed granite and similar materials, that the Multi-Ripper or Multi-Ripper Bucket outperforms the hydraulic hammer 4 to 1! The Multi-Ripper and the Multi-ripper Bucket rips the sides of the trench also, which is very difficult with a hammer!
2) The operator does not have to clean up until the material is broken out. With a hydraulic hammer, as the material is broken out it sits there on top of the work area. As the loosened material accumulates, a machine with a bucket has to come in to clean up. With the Multi-Ripper, the shanks flip the loosened material out of the way until the whole trench ripping operation is complete. The area can then be rapidly cleaned up afterward with a conventional bucket, so you only have to switch attachments once! With the Multi-Ripper Bucket, the operator does not have to change tools at all!
3) The Multi-Ripper products are cheaper to operate than a hydraulic hammer. A hydraulic hammer requires maintenance. There are multiple hydraulic components, there are hydraulic fittings and hoses, and the tools, or moil has to be replaced, there is down time with a hydraulic hammer. With the Multi-Ripper or the Multi-Ripper Bucket, there are no moving parts and the teeth are the only wear items. These teeth are usually set up so that they are the same tooth connection as what exists on the excavator bucket itself, so they are readily available.
4) The Multi-Ripper products are one tenth the price of a hydraulic hammer. A hammer for an 80,000 pound size class machine could run between $75,000 and $100,000. The Multi-Ripper price for that machine is only $7,656. The operator can set their machine up with a hydraulic kit for a hydraulic hammer. When those infrequent situations occur when the material is a solid mass that is not fragmented, the operator can rent a hydraulic hammer for that solid portion only. Since the Multi-Ripper products will handle the majority of the ledge and fractured rock applications, the hydraulic hammer will be rarely required.
5) The operator will make more money with the Multi-Ripper products than the hydraulic hammer. If one compares the price of the hammer, the maintenance, the down time and the functionality into account, it is easy to see that the Multi-Ripper or the Multi-Ripper Bucket will net the contractor more income. Even though the operator can charge an additional amount for the use of the hydraulic hammer over the use of a standard bucket, the operator can still charge more for the use of a Multi-Ripper product than for the use of the bucket. Since the Multi-Ripper product contractor can work faster than the hydraulic hammer contractor, the Multi-Ripper product contractor will be assured more jobs because it will ultimately cost less for the hiring builder.
Call 508-829-4855, Toll Free: 866-928-5800 Fax: 508-829-4822 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Leading Edge Attachments, Inc.
P.O. Box 178, Jefferson, MA 01522