Win $20K, trip to Mid-America Trucking Show in Freightliner design contest
| November 28, 2011 |
Freightliner Trucks on Nov. 28 announced its “Design the Future of Pride & Profit” truck design contest. Open to college students within North America, entrants are invited to submit original designs for the owner-operator style truck of the future.
Freightliner Trucks has long offered a variety The competition is intended to help generate out-of-the-box ideas for what owner-operators may want in their future trucks.
The competition will run from November 2011 through February 2012. Three finalists, selected by a panel of global Daimler commercial vehicle design experts, will receive an all-expense paid trip to the 2012 Mid-America Trucking Show (MATS), where their designs will be on display at the Freightliner Trucks booth.
The winner will receive a $20,000 scholarship fund and option for a paid internship at Freightliner Trucks.
Judging criteria will cover a broad spectrum of required skills, including concept, overall product appearance, originality, power of emotion, and illustration quality.
For more information about the competition and a complete list of rules, go to www.FreightlinerTrucks.com/TruckDesignContest.
From our partners
JLG will soon welcome customers and JLG equipment owners to its expanded…
More From: Industry Briefs
- Parsons Brinckerhoff awarded contract for construction engineering and inspection services for I-4 widening in Florida
- Newmont Mining Company names Metso as supplier of the year
- Blastrac opens Greenville, S.C. location, adds Ricky Norkett and Mike Lancaster to ‘Team Blue’
- Michael F. Donnino elected to ARTBA’s executive committee
- Winners announced for student video contest on transportation issues
- Volvo Trucks names Göran Nyberg...