Win $20K, trip to Mid-America Trucking Show in Freightliner design contest
| November 28, 2011 |
Freightliner Trucks on Nov. 28 announced its “Design the Future of Pride & Profit” truck design contest. Open to college students within North America, entrants are invited to submit original designs for the owner-operator style truck of the future.
Freightliner Trucks has long offered a variety The competition is intended to help generate out-of-the-box ideas for what owner-operators may want in their future trucks.
The competition will run from November 2011 through February 2012. Three finalists, selected by a panel of global Daimler commercial vehicle design experts, will receive an all-expense paid trip to the 2012 Mid-America Trucking Show (MATS), where their designs will be on display at the Freightliner Trucks booth.
The winner will receive a $20,000 scholarship fund and option for a paid internship at Freightliner Trucks.
Judging criteria will cover a broad spectrum of required skills, including concept, overall product appearance, originality, power of emotion, and illustration quality.
For more information about the competition and a complete list of rules, go to www.FreightlinerTrucks.com/TruckDesignContest.
From our partners
When conducting preventative maintenance on your electric motor, there are a number…
More From: Industry Briefs
- Parsons Brinckerhoff awarded contract for construction engineering and inspection services for I-4 widening in Florida
- Newmont Mining Company names Metso as supplier of the year
- Blastrac opens Greenville, S.C. location, adds Ricky Norkett and Mike Lancaster to ‘Team Blue’
- Michael F. Donnino elected to ARTBA’s executive committee
- Winners announced for student video contest on transportation issues
- Volvo Trucks names Göran Nyberg...
Do you want some tips to stay safe on the job site?
Equipment World has created an entire section devoted to safety.
Here are the most recent tips we've posted: