We’ve got our walking shoes packed for Bauma: “The Biggest Show on Earth”
| March 25, 2013 |
Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers calls bauma “ a Disneyland for equipment lovers,” and we couldn’t agree more. Just watch the video below to get a taste of what’s on board in Munich, Germany, next week (barring any surprises from Iceland).
It’s also a hell-on-wheels experience for the journalists covering the show. This will be my seventh bauma and I’ve seen every form of conveyance taken—including scooters—to cover the more than 6.1 million square feet of indoor, outdoor and demonstration exhibit area. I have often blessed the designer who put in a moving walkway on the second floor that connects the 16 halls.
If you checked out the hotel prices during the show and made a quick U-turn decision about attending, we stand ready to serve as your on-site representative. Tom Jackson and I will post daily coverage of machine intros, company announcements and things that just generally fall into the column of “interesting.”
And if you’re going, better yet. Let me know, and we’ll meet up for a Weissbier … or two. Prost! (That’s “cheers” in German.)
More From: Equipment
- Wall Street tycoon wants to save the planet with attack ads, should have studied engineering instead
- Community involvement, business acumen drives Phillips Companies, one of our 2014 Contractor of the Year finalists
- UAW defeat in Chattanooga ought to be a...
- Concrete work the “sweet spot” for...
- Already break your New Year’s...
- Ken Kesey, Obamacare and you