Vulcan makes senior management changes
| August 02, 2010 |
Vulcan Materials Co. has made several senior management changes in the company’s Construction Materials Group.
The changes are the following:
- J. Thomas Hill (51), currently president of Vulcan’s Southwest Division, will assume the position of President, Florida Rock Division, effective Sept. 1. Hill joined Vulcan in 1996 and has served in his current position since 2004. Hill is replacing Thompson S. Baker II, who is leaving Vulcan to become CEO of Patriot Transportation Holding, Inc., headquartered in Jacksonville, Fla. Baker joined Vulcan in 2007 when Florida Rock Industries, Inc. merged with Vulcan.
- Also effective Sept. 1, Stanley G. Bass (49), currently president of Vulcan’s Midsouth Division, will assume the additional role of president, Southwest Division. Bass joined Vulcan in 1996 and has served in his current position since 2005.
- Ronald G. McAbee (63), senior vice president, West, will retire during the first quarter of 2011. Mr. McAbee joined Vulcan in 1974 and has served in his current position since 2007.
Commenting on the changes, Vulcan’s Chairman and CEO Donald M. James said in a written press statement: “Tom Hill and Stan Bass have extensive experience with the company and in our industry. Both are well prepared and suited for their expanded responsibilities.
“We thank Tom Baker for the important contributions he has made to the integration of the Florida Rock businesses into Vulcan and wish him the best in his future endeavors,” James continued. “Ron McAbee has made significant contributions to the success of Vulcan, including serving as Division President of two different divisions during his long and outstanding career with Vulcan. We will miss Ron and wish him the best in his retirement.”
From our partners
Precision Pipeline is an excavating contractor based in Utah and known for doing high-quality, competitively priced work. Although business is…
More From: Business
- Parsons Brinckerhoff awarded contract for construction engineering and inspection services for I-4 widening in Florida
- Newmont Mining Company names Metso as supplier of the year
- Blastrac opens Greenville, S.C. location, adds Ricky Norkett and Mike Lancaster to ‘Team Blue’
- Michael F. Donnino elected to ARTBA’s executive committee
- Winners announced for student video contest on transportation issues
- Volvo Trucks names Göran Nyberg...