Vulcan awards Applied Industrial Technologies
| May 06, 2011 |
Vulcan Materials Co. has recognized Applied Industrial Technologies for its services in 2010 with a Gold Alliance Supplier Award.
Strong rankings in the areas of product quality, service, support, ease of transaction and value have earned Applied a Bronze, Silver, Gold, or Platinum Alliance award from Vulcan every year since 2000.
“Vulcan is a valued customer with a strong commitment to quality,” said Tom Arnold, vice president – marketing and strategic accounts, in a press statement. “We appreciate the trust bestowed upon us because it serves to strengthen our commitment to customer service.”
Pete Roberts, director of procurement for Vulcan, added: “We are pleased to recognize Applied with Gold Award status in recognition of their ongoing product support and service solutions that help make Vulcan successful.”
The 2010 survey asked plant managers at each of the Vulcan facilities to rate suppliers’ overall value to their location. The new survey approach resulted in increased participation, additional feedback and more stringent reviews. More than 200 Applied Service Centers provide Vulcan facilities with bearings, power transmission products, rubber products and specialty maintenance items, in addition to systems integration and technical assistance.
Vulcan Materials Co., a member of the S&P 500 index, is the nation’s foremost producer of construction aggregates and a major producer of other construction materials.
From our partners
In the years prior to 2008, many construction companies increased their fleet size to meet the demands of increasing workload.…
More From: Maintenance
- Parsons Brinckerhoff awarded contract for construction engineering and inspection services for I-4 widening in Florida
- Newmont Mining Company names Metso as supplier of the year
- Blastrac opens Greenville, S.C. location, adds Ricky Norkett and Mike Lancaster to ‘Team Blue’
- Michael F. Donnino elected to ARTBA’s executive committee
- Winners announced for student video contest on transportation issues
- Volvo Trucks names Göran Nyberg...