Volvo Rents acquires SoCal Rental Equip Rent
| January 18, 2012 |
Volvo Rents acquired SoCal Rental Equip Rent, a single location construction equipment rental company in Glendora, California, lifting Volvo Rents’ North American total to more than 80 stores in the past 12 months. The acquisition creates the sixth Volvo Rents location in California.
“Buying construction equipment requires tremendous capital outlay. A company might buy a piece of equipment for $50,000, but only need it for three months out of the year. We bring the equipment to them, pick it up and perform the maintenance so there’s no downtime. It’s also tax-deductible,” said Mike Crouch, vice president of business development for Volvo Rents.
Peter Maginnis and the SoCal Rental EquipRent group will continue working at the Glendora location. Maginnis will remain active with the operations and management of the new Volvo Rents location as general manager.
More From: Maintenance
- Parsons Brinckerhoff awarded contract for construction engineering and inspection services for I-4 widening in Florida
- Newmont Mining Company names Metso as supplier of the year
- Blastrac opens Greenville, S.C. location, adds Ricky Norkett and Mike Lancaster to ‘Team Blue’
- Michael F. Donnino elected to ARTBA’s executive committee
- Winners announced for student video contest on transportation issues
- Volvo Trucks names Göran Nyberg...
Do you want some tips to stay safe on the job site?
Equipment World has created an entire section devoted to safety.
Here are the most recent tips we've posted: