Volvo customers win big in Vegas
| July 19, 2011 |
Fairchild Brothers has been moving dirt for more than four decades. But now they’ll be doing it in style with the new Volvo MCT135C tracked skid steer loader they won at CONEXPO-CON/AGG 2011.
In Las Vegas, the odds of winning aren’t good – ‘the house always wins’, as they say. But during CONEXPO-CON/AGG 2011, which took place just steps away from the city’s famous Strip, US-based contractors Fairchild Brothers came away with a different kind of jackpot: a complimentary two-year lease on a Volvo MCT135C tracked skid steer loader, courtesy of Volvo.
Visiting the Volvo Construction Equipment booth were Fairchild Brothers President Guy Fairchild and Chris Sauers, the business’s superintendent. Chris entered the sweepstakes – and almost immediately forgot about it. But when the small, family-owned company from appropriately named Winfield, Pennsylvania, found out they had actually won, they were elated.
Not only does Fairchild Brothers get the free use of a Volvo machine for the next two years but it’s one of the first companies to use the new skid steer, which was introduced at CONEXPO in March this year. It has a novel single loader arm design that delivers high performance and durability, while improving operator safety with side-entry cab access and class-leading visibility. The vertical-lift, 68.6 kW MCT135C has a rated operating capacity of 3,000 pounds, allowing for application versatility.
More From: Business
- Parsons Brinckerhoff awarded contract for construction engineering and inspection services for I-4 widening in Florida
- Newmont Mining Company names Metso as supplier of the year
- Blastrac opens Greenville, S.C. location, adds Ricky Norkett and Mike Lancaster to ‘Team Blue’
- Michael F. Donnino elected to ARTBA’s executive committee
- Winners announced for student video contest on transportation issues
- Volvo Trucks names Göran Nyberg...