United Rentals awarded contract by National Joint Powers Alliance
| January 21, 2011 |
United Rentals, Inc. has been awarded a contract for construction, maintenance and operational-related rental equipment by the National Joint Powers Alliance (NJPA) and is currently the sole source equipment rental vendor for NJPA.
The NJPA is a municipal contracting agency and purchasing cooperative that predominantly serves the governmental, educational and non-profit sectors. As a result of the award, more than 31,000 NJPA Members have the opportunity to rent quality construction and industrial equipment.
“We are extremely pleased to support the NJPA’s objective of making competitively awarded products and services available to its members,” Robert Caudle, United Rentals director – government solutions, said in a written press statement. “We understand the tempo of institutional purchasing and the unique requirements related to the government procurement process. The NJPA alliance is an opportunity to deepen our existing relationships with these customers and expand the range of agencies we serve.”
United Rentals provides support to federal and state entities and all branches of the military through its government solutions business. The company has earned sole-source and shared state purchasing contracts for equipment rental, and recently won renewal of its U.S. General Services Administration (GSA) contract.
More From: Maintenance
- Parsons Brinckerhoff awarded contract for construction engineering and inspection services for I-4 widening in Florida
- Newmont Mining Company names Metso as supplier of the year
- Blastrac opens Greenville, S.C. location, adds Ricky Norkett and Mike Lancaster to ‘Team Blue’
- Michael F. Donnino elected to ARTBA’s executive committee
- Winners announced for student video contest on transportation issues
- Volvo Trucks names Göran Nyberg...