UDOT awards Granite Construction JV team $106 million project
| July 02, 2010 |
The Utah Department of Transportation (UDOT) has awarded the Granite Construction – Copper Hills Constructors (CHC) joint venture team a $106 million construction management/general contractor (CM/GC) contract to build the new Mountain View Corridor freeway, transit and trail system in and around Salt Lake County.
Granite’s share of the contract is 45 percent, or about $47.7 million. Granite will book the project into backlog during the second quarter of 2010.
Led by Granite, CHC includes Kiewit and W.W. Clyde. The team is responsible for the construction of nine miles of a two-lane road between Redwood and Old Bingham Highway. All nine miles will be asphalt paved in a frontage road alignment. Work will include signalized intersections, recreational trails, drainage improvements, and new structures.
CHC was awarded the construction management (CM) portion of the contract in the fall of 2009 and has been working closely with UDOT and the project designers throughout the design, constructability and cost estimating phases. CHC is currently working with UDOT and the project designers in a CM capacity for an additional general contractor (GC) package.
Some initial early work is already underway and will be completed in December 2010. The current GC contract is estimated to be completed by the fall of 2012.
For more information, go to UDOT’ Web site at www.udot.utah.gov/mountainview.
From our partners
At first blush, it sounds like a simple project: paint a champagne-colored…
More From: Industry Briefs
- Parsons Brinckerhoff awarded contract for construction engineering and inspection services for I-4 widening in Florida
- Newmont Mining Company names Metso as supplier of the year
- Blastrac opens Greenville, S.C. location, adds Ricky Norkett and Mike Lancaster to ‘Team Blue’
- Michael F. Donnino elected to ARTBA’s executive committee
- Winners announced for student video contest on transportation issues
- Volvo Trucks names Göran Nyberg...