Two-day hearing to focus on surface transportation bill
| March 29, 2011 |
The Subcommittee on Highways and Transit, chaired by U.S. Rep. John J. Duncan, Jr. (R-Tenn.), will conduct a two-day hearing on Tuesday, March 29 and Wednesday, March 30 on the reauthorization of the nation’s surface transportation programs.
The Committee will hear testimony from the surface transportation community and other witnesses, and receive their suggestions for improving and reforming transportation programs, cutting red tape and streamlining the project delivery process to save money, increasing private sector participation in infrastructure financing, and wisely investing our limited infrastructure resources to create jobs. More background information is available here.
WHAT: Hearing of the Subcommittee on Highways and Transit, U.S. Rep. John J. Duncan, Jr. (R-Tenn.), Chairman: “Improving and Reforming Our Nation’s Surface Transportation Programs”
WHEN: 2:30 p.m. EDT, Tuesday, March 29, 2011 and
10:30 a.m. EDT, Wednesday, March 30, 2011
WHERE: 2167 Rayburn House Office Building, Washington, D.C. 20515
A live Webcast of this hearing will be available at: http://transportation.house.gov.
Tuesday, March 29, 2011
- Mr. William Millar, President, American Public Transportation Association
- Mr. Larry Hanley, International President, Amalgamated Transit Union
- Mr. Dale J. Marsico, CCTM, Executive Director, Community Transportation Association of America
- Mr. Jon Martz, Vice President – Government Relations, VPSI, Inc.
On behalf of Association for Commuter Transportation
- Mr. Robert McBride, Operator, Metro Taxi, Denver, CO
On behalf of Taxicab, Limousine & Paratransit Association
- Ms. Jennifer Dexter, Assistant Vice President – Government Relations, Easter Seals
- Ms. Barbara Windsor, President and CEO, Hahn Transportation, Inc.
On behalf of American Trucking Associations
- Mr. Kristopher Kane, Truck Driver, Quality Carriers
On behalf of Owner-Operator Independent Drivers Association
- Mr. LaMont Byrd, Director, Safety and Health Department, International Brotherhood of Teamsters
- Mr. Dave Leach, President and CEO, Greyhound Lines, Inc.
- Mr. Peter Pantuso, President and CEO, American Bus Association
- Captain Steve Dowling, California Highway Patrol
On behalf of Commercial Vehicle Safety Alliance
- Mr. Vernon F. Betkey, Jr., Director, Maryland Highway Safety Office
On behalf of Governors Highway Safety Association
- Ms. Judith Lee Stone, President, Advocates for Highway and Auto Safety
- Ms. Jan Withers, Member, National Board of Directors, Mothers Against Drunk Driving
- Mr. Robert LeTourneau, New Hampshire Motorcycle Education Specialist
On behalf of Motorcycle Riders Foundation
- Mr. Mortimer L. Downey, III, Senior Advisor, Parsons Brinckerhoff
On behalf of Coalition for America’s Gateways and Trade Corridors
- Mr. Kurt Nagle, CEO and President, American Association of Port Authorities
- Mr. Wayne Johnson, Manager, Carrier Relations, Owens Corning
On behalf of National Industrial Transportation League
- Ms. Lisa Mullings, President and CEO, National Association of Truck Stop Operators
Wednesday, March 30, 2011
- Mr. John Njord, P.E., Executive Director, Utah Department of Transportation
- Congressman Sherwood Boehlert, National Transportation Policy Project Co-Chair, Bipartisan Policy Center
- Mr. Timothy Ware, Executive Director, Mid-East Commission, Washington, NC
On behalf of National Association of Development Organizations
- Mr. Ashby Johnson, AICP, Deputy MPO Director, Houston Galveston Regional Council
On behalf of Association of Metropolitan Planning Organizations
- Mr. Frank McCartney, Executive Director, Delaware River Joint Toll Bridge Commission
On behalf of International Bridge, Tunnel and Turnpike Association
- Mr. Bryan Grote, Co-Founder, Mercator Advisors, LLC and Member, National Surface Transportation Infrastructure Financing Commission
- Dr. Adrian Moore, Vice President, Reason Foundation and Member, National Surface Transportation Infrastructure Financing Commission
- Mr. John Robert Smith, President and CEO, Reconnecting America
- Ms. Sharon Calvert, Co-Founder, Florida Alliance
- Mr. Raymond Poupore, Executive Vice President, National Construction Alliance II
- Mr. Greg Cohen, President and CEO, American Highway Users Alliance
- Mr. Paul Diederich, President, Industrial Builders
On behalf of Associated General Contractors
- Mr. Bill Cox, President, Corman Construction, Inc.
On behalf of American Road and Transportation Builders Association
- Mr. Joe Jeffrey, President, Road-Tech Safety Services, Inc.
On behalf of American Traffic Safety Services Association
- Mr. David R. Thomey, Executive Vice President, Maryland Materials Inc.
On behalf of National Stone, Sand, and Gravel Association
- Mr. Scott Belcher, President, Intelligent Transportation Society of America
- Mr. Gerald Stump, Chief Operating Officer, Wilbur Smith Associates
On behalf of American Council of Engineering Companies
- Ms. Kathy J. Caldwell, P.E., President, American Society of Engineers
- Mr. John Burke, CEO, Trek Bicycle Corporation
On behalf of Bikes Belong
- Mr. Deron Lovaas, Federal Transportation Policy Director, .Natural Resources Defense Council
From our partners
Snow Valley Ski Club in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, operates seven days a…