Trelleborg expands production in Sri Lanka
| September 20, 2010 |
Trelleborg AB opened the enlarged production unit at Trelleborg Wheel Systems outside Colombo, Sri Lanka.
This unit, now consolidated to Sri Lanka, produces solid industrial and pneumatic tires primarily for industrial applications: airports, ports and storage facilities. This unit also has been expanded and streamlined using entirely new technology for this type of tire.
Trelleborg’s production unit for solid industrial tires in Sri Lanka was one of the first in the country and was started in the 1980s. Approximately 800 individuals are employed at the plant.
From our partners
Thanks to Eaton’s UltraShift® PLUS VCS Transmissions, Let It Snow…Let It Snow…Let It Snow “I had concerns before we even…
More From: Tech
- Parsons Brinckerhoff awarded contract for construction engineering and inspection services for I-4 widening in Florida
- Newmont Mining Company names Metso as supplier of the year
- Blastrac opens Greenville, S.C. location, adds Ricky Norkett and Mike Lancaster to ‘Team Blue’
- Michael F. Donnino elected to ARTBA’s executive committee
- Winners announced for student video contest on transportation issues
- Volvo Trucks names Göran Nyberg...