Toyota Tundra to tow Space Shuttle
| September 17, 2012 |
So how does a stock 1/2 ton, V8 pickup manage to tow a 300,000 pound space ship?
The secret lies in a specially designed towing rig developed with The Sarens Group, a heavy lifting and engineered transport company, which came up with a dolly specifically designed for the job.
The event is scheduled for October 13. The total trip for the Space Shuttle Endeavour will be 12 miles, but the Tundra will take it the last quarter mile long where it will come to rest as a permanent exhibit at the California Science Center in Los Angeles.
Let’s hope those brakes are good!
From our partners
Snow Valley Ski Club in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, operates seven days a…
More From: Construction Blog
- Wall Street tycoon wants to save the planet with attack ads, should have studied engineering instead
- Community involvement, business acumen drives Phillips Companies, one of our 2014 Contractor of the Year finalists
- UAW defeat in Chattanooga ought to be a...
- Concrete work the “sweet spot” for...
- Already break your New Year’s...
- Ken Kesey, Obamacare and you