The top ten list of public works professionals
| May 20, 2009 |
The American Public Works Association (APWA) has released its top ten list.
It’s not like funnyman David Letterman’s top ten list, but a top ten list that’s considered a coveted and prestigious honor and award in the industry. This is a list of APWA’s Top Ten Public Works Leaders of the Year for 2009.
The award recipients are the following:
- William “Bill” Kappel – Director of Public Works, City of Wauwatosa, Wisconsin
- Dan Hartman – Public Works Director, City of Golden, Colorado
- Raul Godinez II, Director of Public Works, City of Oakland, California
- David H. Miller, P.E. – City Engineer, City of Branson, Missouri
- Earl E. Newman, P.E., PTOE, Assistant Director of Public Works/Traffic Engineer, City of Springfield, Missouri
- Daryl Grigsby, Public Works Director, City of Kirkland, Washington
- Joseph J. Superneau, P.E., Executive Director, Springfield Water and Sewer Commission, Springfield, Massachusetts
- William A. Verkest, P.E., Director of Transportation and Public Works, City of Fort Worth, Texas
- Linda J. Petelka, B.Sc., Manager, Business and Infrastructure Services, Region of Halton, Ontario
- Nabi R. Fakroddin, P.E., S.E.F. ASCE, Senior Project Manger, HNTB, Downers Grove, Illinois
Each Top Ten Public Works Leader will be recognized at a local event and during an awards ceremony as part of APWA’s International Congress and Exposition in Columbus, Ohio, Sept. 13-16.
To see the Top Ten recipients from 1960 to 2009, go to APWA’s National Awards Program Web page.
From our partners
JLG launched a new global website, www.jlg.com, which features more content, easier navigation,…
More From: Business
Do you want some tips to stay safe on the job site?
Equipment World has created an entire section devoted to safety.
Here are the most recent tips we've posted: