Thanking the heroes of Joplin, Mo.
| June 03, 2011 |
Rich Serino, FEMA deputy administrator, on the heroes of relief efforts in tornado-stricken Joplin, Mo.:
“…Response and recovery in Joplin has truly been a “whole community” effort. Lives have been saved, and there are so many great examples of what individuals, business owners, volunteer organizations, and government can do when they work together as a team, even under the toughest circumstances.”
“As we say thank you to everyone on the ground in Joplin, this Memorial Day weekend, we honor those in uniform who made the ultimate sacrifice and say thank you to their families for their service.
More From: Business
- Sandy storm damage could exceed $20...
- LaHood makes $500K in quick-release...
- DOT gives states $20M for natural disaster repair
- LaHood: Nearly $1.6 available for damaged roads, bridges
- $2 million in emergency relief funds for LA-area overpass
- FEMA supports tribal gov’t ability to directly apply for federal disaster aid