Scott J. Diehl named VP of Urban Engineers
| August 23, 2011 |
Urban Engineers, Inc. has named Scott J. Diehl, P.E., P.T.O.E., A.I.C.P., vice president. Diehl brings more than 18 years of experience to the position, and will continue as the firm’s chief traffic engineer responsible for managing traffic efforts throughout the company.
Since joining Urban in 2007, Diehl has taken on increasing responsibilities, focusing primarily on expanding the firm’s traffic-related services and capabilities. He has an extensive background in transportation engineering with experience primarily focused on planning and operations projects with an emphasis on using simulation. Projects typically range from small-scale traffic impact and intersection and highway feasibility studies to detailed analysis and design of entire transportation systems with the integration of land use planning.
Diehl is a professional engineer in New Jersey, Maryland, and Delaware; a professional traffic operations engineer; and is certified by the American Institute of Certified Planners. He is also a member of the Institute of Transportation Engineers, Mid-Atlantic Section (MASITE); American Planning Association (APA); and the Institute of Transportation Engineers (ITE). Diehl earned his Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering from the University of Delaware and his Master’s Degree in Civil Engineering from the University of Virginia.
From our partners
At first blush, it sounds like a simple project: paint a champagne-colored…
More From: Industry Briefs
- Parsons Brinckerhoff awarded contract for construction engineering and inspection services for I-4 widening in Florida
- Newmont Mining Company names Metso as supplier of the year
- Blastrac opens Greenville, S.C. location, adds Ricky Norkett and Mike Lancaster to ‘Team Blue’
- Michael F. Donnino elected to ARTBA’s executive committee
- Winners announced for student video contest on transportation issues
- Volvo Trucks names Göran Nyberg...