Rammer breakers return to North America
| September 26, 2012 |
As previously announced at Intermat, the Rammer name will return to the North American hammer market, distributed by Allied Construction Products.
“In 2007, Sandvik decided to put all our products under Sandvik name, and announced the Rammer name would go away,” says Jukka Kytomaki, general manager, sales, Sandvik mining and construction, during a press conference at MINExpo yesterday.
But, says Kytomaki, “our customers who embraced the Sandvik acquisition were still missing Rammer. We had no other choice but to bring the Rammer name back.”
“In Finland, Rammer is a verb for breaking rock,” says Kytomaki. Allied Construction Products, he says, has more than 200 dealers in North America, and have been “good partners. It feels like we never left, and now we will keep building on it.”
Allied Construction Products is celebrating its 70th anniversary this year, starting out in 1942 with the Grip-Lug track product. Products developed through the years include the Roto-Cut asphalt cutter attachment, the Ho-Pac vibratory plate compactor/driver and the Hy-Ram backhoe-mounted breaker.
From our partners
At first blush, it sounds like a simple project: paint a champagne-colored…
More From: Construction Blog
- Wall Street tycoon wants to save the planet with attack ads, should have studied engineering instead
- Community involvement, business acumen drives Phillips Companies, one of our 2014 Contractor of the Year finalists
- UAW defeat in Chattanooga ought to be a...
- Concrete work the “sweet spot” for...
- Already break your New Year’s...
- Ken Kesey, Obamacare and you