Product Focus: Gen sets/Light towers
| March 25, 2009 |
Experience reliable portable power with Yanmar’s YDG5500 generator, the largest unit in the YDG Series.
· Has a 3,600-rpm running speed and generates 5.5 kW
· Operates at a 96-decibel rating at a distance of 1 meter
Power a variety of equipment with Allmand Bros.’ ML 30 EX Maxi-Lite portable light tower, which delivers up to 30 kilowatts of available power.
· SHO-HD parallel lamp fixtures provide 1,250 watts and 150,000 lumens per lamp
· 135-gallon fuel tank enables up to 135 hours of run time
· Hinged ballast panel simplifies service.
Simplify maintenance scheduling with Subaru’s RGD5000H diesel generator, which features an hour meter.
· 9.9-horsepower Hatz 1B40 delivers rated output of 5,000 watts
· Has electric starter with recoil backup
· Features full power switch, voltmeter and 12-volt DC charging.
Provide power, light and water with a single unit with Magnum Products’ Power Trio MTT 20.
· Single phase generator delivers 19 kW prime output
· Light tower has four 1,000-watt metal halide fixtures that illuminate up to 7 acres with 360-degree rotation
· 500-gallon water tank has a fill rate of 3 to 4 minutes at full throttle and 3.3-gpm pump flow rate.
Light a wide area while providing up to 16 kW of power with Doosan Infracore Portable Power’s Ingersoll Rand L20, a combination light tower and mobile generator.
· 4 1,000-watt metal halide lamps are mounted to a telescoping mast
· 20-kW generator delivers 63 amps at 240 volts and 126 lamps at 120 volts while powering lighting system
· Optional AutoLamp system automatically engages the lighting system at dusk.
Reduce downtime and maintenance with Honda’s 5,000-watt EB5000XK2A commercial generator, which features full frame protection and reliable voltage regulation.
· Run time of up to 11.9 hours at half load
· Easy transport and storage
· Includes two-wheel kit and lift hook.
Provide power for a variety of jobsite applications with Terex AWP’s T30 Super Quiet generator, which has a 64-gallon fuel tank for 24 hours of continuous operation.
· Provides 23 kilowatts of prime three-phase power
· Has 110-percent spill containment of all on-board fluids
· Includes shared user interface across the entire line of Super Quiet generators.
Choose from a prime output range from 3.5 to 350 kilowatts with Griffin Pump and Equipment‘s line of diesel generators.
· Features voltage regulation within +/- 1 percent
· Has a 24-hour full load run time
· Has multiple convenience outlets, an external emergency stop switch and an automatic remote start.
Conserve space with Next Generation Power’s 5.5-kW gen set, which measures just 23 by 20 by 21 inches.
· Powered by water cooled, two-cylinder Kubota engine
· Three vortex combustion system improves energy output
· 2,800-rpm operating speed reduces noise, vibration and wear.
Decrease fuel spillage with Wacker Neuson’s 240-kVA G240 mobile generator, which features a new fuel fill system that minimizes foaming and backflow.
· Standard 115-percent fluid containment and crankcase oil vapor recovery system
· 400-gallon fuel tank provides 30 hours of run time
· Reconnectable board allows low and high wye three-phase power and ensures proper voltage connection.
Easy does it
Equip Baldor’s TS35T towable generator with a 30-foot telescoping light tower kit.
· Takes just two hours to mount
· No drilling required
· Telescoping light mast is self contained.
Airstar America’s Sirocco S light balloon offers glare-free lighting in a portable unit that deploys in minutes.
· Three 250-watt halogen lamps illuminate 3,400 square feet at 360 degrees
· Available in 750-watt/110-volt or 90-watt/12-volt system
· Included inverter converts unit to 12-volt system and adapts to vehicle’s 12-volt outlet.
Achieve efficiency improvements with Light Engineering’s LT30-30 light tower, which features GenSmart technology for reduced fuel consumption and longer run time.
· Elliptical lights provide improved luminosity
· Yanmar 2TNV70 engine delivers fuel efficiency and noise reduction
· Compact engine allows reduced machine size.
Compact and quiet
Shindaiwa’s 80-kW DGK100D generator fits sideways on a highway legal trailer.
· 102-inch-long enclosure
· Part of the Ultra Quiet line, with a sound level at or below 60 decibels
· Tier 3 Isuzu diesel engine.
More From: Maintenance
Do you want some tips to stay safe on the job site?
Equipment World has created an entire section devoted to safety.
Here are the most recent tips we've posted: