| August 01, 2010 |
Gen sets and light towers
By Amy Materson
Provide lighting for a range of applications with Baldor’s towable light tower kit, available for the TS35T towable generator.
• Kit has 30-foot telescoping light mast
• Assembles in about two hours with no drilling
• Plugs into 120-volt, 50-amp twistlock outlet on the generator’s
Simplify setup, transport and storage with Allmand Bros.’ V Series vertical light tower configuration, a standard feature on the Maxi-Lite EX Series light tower.
• Vertically telescopes and retracts from its own housing, reducing the potential for damage
• Hydraulic lift system raises and lowers the mast in less than 30 seconds
• Lights operate at any height, and accurate fixture adjustment is quick and easy.
Experience improved lighting output with the Ingersoll Rand LightSource light tower from Doosan Infracore Portable Power, which features updated light fixtures for better distribution and coverage.
• Four 1,000-watt metal-halide floodlights provide 52 hours of continuous operation
• Equipped with an 1,800-rpm water-cooled engine and brushless, single phase 6-kilowatt generator
• Control panel has individual lamp switches and 120-volt/15-amp duplex and standard 240-volt/20-amp twistlock receptacles.
Easily raise and lower Terex’s AL4000 light tower, which has a single winch system and ergonomically positioned handle.
• 30-foot extended height flood lights provide 4,000 watts of light
• Features heavy duty Kubota engine
• Stowed width of 5 feet, 2 inches and 14-foot, 11-inch length.
Increase uptime on the jobsite with Atlas Copco’s QAS 30 generator, which has a 53-gallon fuel tank for 33 hours of run time at 75 percent load.
• 500-hour service intervals reduce maintenance time
• Has 43-horsepower, 1,800-rpm Deere engine
• Zincor steel coating designed for extreme weather conditions.
Air Systems’ Area Lighting System features HID, LED, 850- and 950-nm lights in a compact design.
• Four DC power options deliver extended run times
• Aluminum extension pole and lamp head extends to 8 feet
• Has collapsible stainless steel legs.
Illuminate large areas with Genie’s TML-4000 light tower, which features a 30-foot extended height and 360-degree tower rotation.
• Four lights individually adjust to focus light where needed
• 30-gallon fuel tank provides 60 hours of run time
• Has a Kubota engine, galvanized mast and numbered and interchangeable ballasts.
Light a 40-foot-diameter area with Magnum Products’ MLTDOT light tower series, which has two 400-watt and two 1,000-watt light fixtures with metal halide lamps.
• Has 6-kW standby power output and two individually breakered convenience outlets
• Stable operation in winds to 65 mph with a four-point outrigger stance
• Runs up to 60 hours without refueling.
Subaru’s line of three conventional generators features EX Series overhead cam engines.
• Available with 5,000- to 7,000-watt output ranges
• Manufactured from heavy duty steel to boost durability
• Automatic idle control lowers engine speed when electrical power is not needed.
Jenny Products’ K11HGA-17P-3000W compressor/generator combination model delivers portable air and a power source in a single unit.
• Features a heavy duty, single-stage cast iron “K” compressor pump
• 11-horsepower Honda GX series OHV engine with electric start produces 8.9 cfm at 100 psi or 8.6 cfm at 125 psi
• A 3,000-watt, 115-volt/230-volt generator provides power for electric tools or other equipment.
Work an entire shift without refueling with Winco’s WC12000HE industrial portable generator, which has a 15-gallon fuel tank that runs 9 hours at full load and 15 hours at half load.
• Has a 20-horsepower Honda engine with electric start and low oil protection
• 10,000-watt continuous output and 12,000-watt surge for motor starting
• Features an all terrain four-wheel dolly kit, lifting eye, pneumatic tires and multiple receptacles with circuit breakers.
Experience reliable performance in a compact package with Wacker Neuson’s line of portable generators.
• Eleven models available from 2,500 to 6,600 watts
• Rotating field alternator has automatic voltage regulation and separate excitation winding
• GFCI system ensures safety and durability.
Generac Power Systems’ professional grade XG Series portable generator features a compact design and small footprint for simplified transportation and handling.
• Six models available, all with Generac OHVI engine
• Durable construction features full wrap frame tubing and impact resistant corners
• Has an illuminated control panel, low oil pressure protection and hour meter with maintenance resets.
Choose from continuous or stand-by power applications with Yanmar’s diesel drive YDG Series, which includes the 2.5-kW YDG2700, the 3.7-kW YDG3700 and the 5.5-kW YDG5500.
• Decibel rating at one meter of 92, 93 and 96, respectively
• Open frame structure ensures easy handling
• Designed for 3,600-rpm run speed.
More From: Maintenance
Do you want some tips to stay safe on the job site?
Equipment World has created an entire section devoted to safety.
Here are the most recent tips we've posted: