| June 07, 2010 |
By Amy Materson
Raise your trailer deck hydraulically in less than 15 seconds with JLG Industries’ Triple L models of flatbed trailers available with capacities to 10,000 pounds
• Features two lockable steel compartments, quick-adjust tongue jack and heavy duty tie down rings
• A 12-volt system powers the hydraulic pump used to control the deck.
Choose from two sizes – 22 and 25 cubic yards – with Dakota Trailer Manufacturing’s clamshell belly dump gravel trailers.
• Lower trailer height simplifies loading and decreases wind resistance
• Has 8- and 10-gauge construction for durability
• Features include oscillating fifth wheel plate, 60-gallon air reservoir and variable gate control.
Haul all your heavy equipment with Kaufman Trailers’ hydraulic detachable neck trailer.
• Ranges in capacity from 30 to 55 tons
• Manufactured from high strength steel
• Has four cambered, fabricated main frame beams.
Handle more material with SmithCo Manufacturing’s S2-4034 double axle side dump trailer.
• Has AR400 steel construction to ensure trailer strength
• Features spherical bearing type hinges
• Has a 34-foot tub length, 102-inch width.
Designed for tri-axle trucks, Up-N-Atom’s Retriever Model 18T has a 36,000-pound load rating and offers air operation.
• Curved deck eliminates bottoming out and breakover
• Features high traction epoxy deck coating
• Has a deck height as low as 47 inches.
Load equipment by driving it up the ramps and onto the rear deck of Transcraft’s beavertail trailer, which eliminates the need for a dock.
• Equipped with beavertail and spring-assist ramps and level deck option
• Spring-assist feature assists with manual ramp folding
• Level deck option enables ramp usage in the folded up position as deck space.
Kalyn Siebert’s KSHRG hydraulic removable gooseneck trailer is lightweight and easy to operate.
• Non-ground bearing gooseneck is standard equipment
• Two-axle unit has a 35-ton capacity
• Three-axle unit available in 53-, 55- and 60-ton capacities.
Haul equipment with low ground clearance with TrailMax Trailers’ Power Ramp TD-40-PR trailer, which features an 8-degree load angle.
• Has a 24-foot flat deck, 6-foot beavertail and is rated with a 40,000-pound distributed capacity
• Full width bi-fold ramp powered by self-contained power unit with remote option
• Tubular subframe has high tensile perimeter rails and tubular crossmembers on 12- and 16-foot centers.
Hydraulically transfer loads in all terrains with Talbert Manufacturing’s 55SA spread axle trailer, which features the company’s Equalizer nitrogen-assisted dampening system.
• Has a 108-inch swing radius, 25-foot deck length and 8-foot 6-inch deck width
• Dual two-speed landing gear simplifies connecting the trailer to the axle attachment
• Axle attachment can easily be lifted out of the way for backing.
Trail King’s off-road transport system, the Modular Hydraulic Transport System, features a 375,000-pound load capacity.
• Air system includes drain fittings on each tank, an air dryer and easily accessible air tanks
• Steering arms are positioned over dished crossmembers for easy repositioning or replacement
• Hydraulic system has steel hydraulic lines throughout.
Load and unload quickly with Advance Metalworking’s 14,000-pound capacity Lo Riser inclining platform trailer.
• Has 74-inch-by-16-foot load carrying platform
• Control switch raises and lowers platform to ground height
• Features 17,550-pound GVWR, combination hydraulic and rubber suspension and electric brakes.
Side Dump Industries’ trailer features a 35-foot tub manufactured from 6-mm Domex 100 steel with a 24-yard level and 28-yard heaped capacity.
• Has a 50-degree dump angle and features 100110XF Domex deep frame rails
• Heavy duty push block has underride protection bumper
• Removable king pin plate and skid plate, self-centering saddle
design and replaceable king pin design.
Simplify loading with Roose Manufacturing’s RR-335 three-reel self load trailer.
• Features a 3,000- to 3,500-pound carrying capacity, reels have 125-inch diameter
• Manual or engine powered hydraulic pumps raise the reels
• Options include a power rewind attachment and tension brake.
Boost axle capacity with Rogers Brothers’ 80-ton capacity modular trailer.
• Features a 30-foot-long, 10-foot-wide platform deck
• Suspension distributes weight to back axles using a rocker shaft in the rear
• Mechanical detachable gooseneck has 197-inch swing clearance.
Enhance hauling ability with the Blackhawk 85-ton capacity hydraulic power tower trailer from Etnyre Trailer.
• Prevents high centering with 24 inches of vertical travel
• Travels over uneven terrain without bridging
• Disc brake axle system provides braking on the steepest grades.
Tackle a variety of hauling jobs with Fontaine Trailers’ Magnitude 55MX, which features a modular design that increases versatility.
• Has 29-foot deck length when retracted, extends to 50 feet
• Loaded deck height is 20 inches with 6-inch ground clearance
• Optional flip box achieves 125-inch swing clearance, and adjustable ride height locks mechanically.
Landoll’s Model 330 traveling axle container gives you a choice between the standard 12,000-pound worm gear winch with a ½-inch steel cable or a 12,000-pound gear box chain drive system.
• Side by side chain enables pulling on or pushing off loads
• Equipped with 22,000-pound spring suspension, Grote LED lights and wiring harness and centralized grease system
• Available in 42-, 48- or 50-foot lengths.
Experience ruggedness in a frameless trailer with Clement Industries’ AXP aluminum trailer.
• Available in 24- to 39-foot lengths
• Exterior post design uses uni-beam concept for improved strength-to-weight ratio
• Wide angle draft arms offer lateral support to the trailer body when elevated.
Towmaster’s T-12T tilt trailer features a deck cushion cylinder that allows the deck to come down smoothly when loading equipment.
• Hot dipped galvanized for corrosion resistance
• Adjustable hitch, formed hitch plate and one-piece formed tongue and main frame
• Has Dexter Torflex axles for an easy to pull, smooth ride.
Jet Company’s side dump trailer features a trunnion-mounted, inverted cylinder design.
• Delivers a controlled dump cycle and improved stability
• Pivot geometry maintains consistent tub speed during the dump cycle
• Features rounded tub, no inside divider and greaseless pivots.
Choose from a range of sizes with Trailboss Trailers’ Paver Special, which includes the 50-ton tri-axle model.
• Has 31-foot bed length, including 6-foot dovetail
• Features 11-foot hydraulically operated folding ramps
• Includes twin two-speed jacks, air brakes, protected wiring system and 2-inch hardwood decking.
Trail-Eze Trailers’ TE70XT trailer has no moving axles, eliminating the worry of axles not staying aligned when loading on soft ground.
• Choice of standard 15-degree load angle or 10-degree load angle tail
• Loads low ground clearance equipment without sliding axle tail
• Lighter tare weight reduces maintenance.
More From: Maintenance
Do you want some tips to stay safe on the job site?
Equipment World has created an entire section devoted to safety.
Here are the most recent tips we've posted: