| May 05, 2010 |
By Amy Materson
Give attachments the power they need with Bobcat’s S630 skid-steer loader, which features a 15-percent increase in hydraulic power over previous models, and a 23-gpm standard auxiliary hydraulic flow.
• Has a 2,180-pound rated operating capacity and operating weight of 7,707 pounds
• New lighting around the front of the machine increases output by more than 50 percent
• Hydraulic quick couplers are mounted to the front plate of the lift arm.
Easily load material into the center of a truck with New Holland’s L185 skid steer, which features Super Boom vertical lift linkage for improved dump height and reach.
• Has 2,500-pound rated operating capacity and bucket breakout force of 7,670 pounds
• Dual-range transmission enables 11-mph travel speed
• Fast boom and bucket cycle times improve productivity.
Perform a variety of jobs with Case’s Model 435 skid steer, which features a vertical lift design suitable for lift and carry jobs.
• Single location daily service checks simplify maintenance
• Side lighting offers visibility for night work
• Easy-tilt ROPS provides easy access to components.
Experience a big cab feel from a small skid steer with John Deere’s 318D, which has 24 percent more room and 6 inches more headroom than previous models.
• Electronically controlled engine has an auto idle feature for quiet operation and reduced fuel consumption
• Precision boom and bucket controls allow speed and sensitivity adjustment
• Creeper mode slows wheel speed independently of the engine speed.
Simplify truck and material loading with Gehl’s V270 skid steer, which offers 130 inches of lift height.
• Has an 84-horsepower Yanmar turbo diesel engine and a 2,700-pound rated operating capacity
• Part-throttle operation available to reduce noise and fuel consumption
• Lift arm design provides side visibility and a direct view of the bucket’s cutting edge.
Work at full power throughout a job with Komatsu’s SK820-5 skid steer, which has Automatic Power Control to improve loader arm and bucket control while eliminating engine stalls.
• Has 1,900-pound rated operating capacity and tipping load of `3,800 pounds
• Features bucket breakout forces of 4,200 pounds (short lip bucket) and 3,530 pounds (long lip bucket)
• Optional fully enclosed cab has slide-up overhead front doors and offers 360-degree visibility.
Maximize power to the ground with Caterpillar’s 246C, part of the C-Series line that has an electronic torque management system to prevent engine stalls and allow for part throttle operation, enabling smooth operation and reduced fuel usage.
• Radial lift skid steer has a 2,150-pound rated operating capacity
• Hydrostatic drive system features electro-hydraulic joystick control
• Features sealed and pressurized cab for clean, quiet environment.
Volvo’s B-Series skid steer features a rear counterweight to improve weight distribution and protect the rear door.
• Choose from foot and hand mechanical or hand-operated
hydraulic pilot controls
• Tier 3 engine delivers increased speed and decreased cycle times
• MC110B features a 2,400-pound rated operating capacity.
From our partners
Snow Valley Ski Club in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, operates seven days a…