| May 05, 2010 |
By Amy Materson
Give attachments the power they need with Bobcat’s S630 skid-steer loader, which features a 15-percent increase in hydraulic power over previous models, and a 23-gpm standard auxiliary hydraulic flow.
• Has a 2,180-pound rated operating capacity and operating weight of 7,707 pounds
• New lighting around the front of the machine increases output by more than 50 percent
• Hydraulic quick couplers are mounted to the front plate of the lift arm.
Easily load material into the center of a truck with New Holland’s L185 skid steer, which features Super Boom vertical lift linkage for improved dump height and reach.
• Has 2,500-pound rated operating capacity and bucket breakout force of 7,670 pounds
• Dual-range transmission enables 11-mph travel speed
• Fast boom and bucket cycle times improve productivity.
Perform a variety of jobs with Case’s Model 435 skid steer, which features a vertical lift design suitable for lift and carry jobs.
• Single location daily service checks simplify maintenance
• Side lighting offers visibility for night work
• Easy-tilt ROPS provides easy access to components.
Experience a big cab feel from a small skid steer with John Deere’s 318D, which has 24 percent more room and 6 inches more headroom than previous models.
• Electronically controlled engine has an auto idle feature for quiet operation and reduced fuel consumption
• Precision boom and bucket controls allow speed and sensitivity adjustment
• Creeper mode slows wheel speed independently of the engine speed.
Simplify truck and material loading with Gehl’s V270 skid steer, which offers 130 inches of lift height.
• Has an 84-horsepower Yanmar turbo diesel engine and a 2,700-pound rated operating capacity
• Part-throttle operation available to reduce noise and fuel consumption
• Lift arm design provides side visibility and a direct view of the bucket’s cutting edge.
Work at full power throughout a job with Komatsu’s SK820-5 skid steer, which has Automatic Power Control to improve loader arm and bucket control while eliminating engine stalls.
• Has 1,900-pound rated operating capacity and tipping load of `3,800 pounds
• Features bucket breakout forces of 4,200 pounds (short lip bucket) and 3,530 pounds (long lip bucket)
• Optional fully enclosed cab has slide-up overhead front doors and offers 360-degree visibility.
Maximize power to the ground with Caterpillar’s 246C, part of the C-Series line that has an electronic torque management system to prevent engine stalls and allow for part throttle operation, enabling smooth operation and reduced fuel usage.
• Radial lift skid steer has a 2,150-pound rated operating capacity
• Hydrostatic drive system features electro-hydraulic joystick control
• Features sealed and pressurized cab for clean, quiet environment.
Volvo’s B-Series skid steer features a rear counterweight to improve weight distribution and protect the rear door.
• Choose from foot and hand mechanical or hand-operated
hydraulic pilot controls
• Tier 3 engine delivers increased speed and decreased cycle times
• MC110B features a 2,400-pound rated operating capacity.
From our partners
JLG has just launched the world’s largest self-propelled boom lift -- the…
More From: Maintenance
Do you want some tips to stay safe on the job site?
Equipment World has created an entire section devoted to safety.
Here are the most recent tips we've posted: