| January 01, 2010 |
By Amy Materson
CONTROL THE CUT
Icon Industries’ 821 pull-type scraper includes an Operator Reference Control Gauge that controls the cutting bit and front load gate for precision depths.
• Capacity of 21 cubic yards, transport width of less than 12 feet
• Features a quick-attach 360-degree cast hitch
• Swingwall ensures rapid ejection.
Reduce dirt moving costs with K-Tec Earthmovers’ 1254 ADT scraper, which has a 54-cubic-yard heaped capacity and 49,000-pound empty tare weight.
• Designed to be pulled with a 6-wheel-drive, 40-plus-ton ADT
• Works well as a haul wagon when paired with an excavator
• Large target area makes for fast and easy loading.
LIGHT DUTY LEVELER
Designed for easy transport between jobsites, Double D Manufacturing’s light duty leveling scraper is available in 10- or 12-foot-width models.
• Tilt ability allows for GPS or laser installation
• Standard replaceable side cutter blades and cutting edges
• Features adjustable steel clevis hitch, removable tongue and GPS or laser adapter plate.
Improve ejection of sticky soils with Hoelscher’s 5-cubic-yard heaped capacity FE Scraper, which has a wide opening apron and tilting ejector plate.
• Six-inch cutting edges adjust for straight or stinger configuration
• Reversible and replaceable router bits
• Trunnion-style hitch enables maneuverability while increasing traction and reducing drag.
Easily accommodate different soils with Caterpillar’s TS225 towed scraper, with rear cylinders that allow the operator to adjust the cutting edge angle.
• Four-rear-wheel scraper has 23.5-cubic-yard capacity
• Bowl floor’s box-section design resists top loading stress and delivers structural rigidity
• Features dry-disc brakes, abrasion-resistant steel, heavy duty wheel hubs and radial tires.
Miskin’s D-26 scraper has Cushion-Ride suspension, which allows high speed travel and protects the unit in rough terrain.
• Has a 26-yard capacity and a 14-foot cutting width
• Features oil-filled hubs, larger hitch and bigger pins
• Easy-access grease banks and replaceable bushings simplify maintenance.
SCRAPE AND HAUL
Haul efficiently with Humdinger Equipment’s H619G scraper, which features a 19-cubic-yard capacity and is suitable for a range of tractors.
• Has a 130-inch cut width and 12-inch cut depth; 62-inch apron opening
• Three reversible cutting edges and reversible router bits are heat treated
• Tail ejector eliminates slab guards.
Tackle tough material with Ashland Earthmovers’ CS18-HD carry-all scraper, designed for 325-horsepower and up tractors.
• Has 18-cubic-yard capacity; 12-foot-wide cut
• Long rolling radius improves flotation and lowers ground pressure
• 22-inch clearance between front section and the ground eliminates buildup and dragging.
See our digital edition for more pull-behind scrapers from Ashland Earthmovers, Caterpillar, Humdinger Equipment and Miskin.
From our partners
Snow Valley Ski Club in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, operates seven days a…