| August 03, 2011 |
By Lauren Heartsill Dowdle
Efficiency Production’s high-clearance shores have vertical clearances up to 84 inches, a cylinder extension system and two 8-inch-wide, heavy-duty rails ranging in size from 8- to 16-feet tall.
• For trenches up to 25-feet deep and 15-feet wide
• Includes oversleeves to protect the cylinders
• Has 2-inch diameter hydraulic cylinders.
The Toro TRX-20 walk-behind trencher uses four-cycle Kawasaki twin-cylinder engines with a large oil reservoir.
• Has a standard hydraulic oil cooler
• Features a low-profile tracked design
• Three basic controls operate all traction and trenching functions.
Tips on Tension
Trenching attachment maintenance is the key to not only extending the life of the tool, but also is critical in boosting performance. What should your daily checklist include?
In addition to checking items such as hoses, teeth and lubrication, make sure you’re checking the digging chain tension, a maintenance need that’s often overlooked. If the tension is incorrect, components such as sprockets, idler bearings and the chain itself will suffer excessive wear. Although styles can vary, the typical maximum sag for the chain is about 1 1/2 inches. Put the trencher attachment in the horizontal position so that you can check the sag of the chain, and then correctly adjust the tension.
Paladin Construction Group
Little Beaver’s Kwik-Trench earth saw is designed for shallow trenching jobs.
• Compact with a push-forward design.
• Cuts trenches up to 12-inches deep
• Can cut up to 30 inches per minute.
The Ditch Witch RT115 Quad is fully hydrostatic and uses a three-speed ground drive.
• Features a chevron track pattern
• Undercarriage weighs 1,500 pounds
• Has a standard tilt frame configuration.
The Bradco 640 has a fixed-length boom with a spring-loaded, self-adjusting idler and full rock guard.
• Designed to fit compact and standard skid-steer loaders
• Uses a rugged 50,000-pound, anti-back-flex chain
• Features a discharging auger.
Lowe’s XR-Series trenching attachments include a 50,000-pound digging chain, removable double-flighted spoil auger, self-aligning boom and tapered roller bearings.
• Digs from 2 to 5-feet deep and 4 to 12 inches wide
• Operates on hydraulic flow ranging from 8 to 40 gpm
• Has high operating-pressure capability.
Fit small areas
Dig a trench 13 inches deep and 2 ½ inches wide at 20 feet per minute with E-Z Trench’s EZ9100 Groundsaw.
• Has a Honda GX200 engine with a wet clutch transmission
• Fits through standard gates and weighs 250 pounds
• Uses replaceable, carbide cutting bits.
Maximize tractive effort and stability with Vermeer’s RTX750 tractor, which uses the rubber quad-track system.
• Specialized undercarriage system fits either rubber tires or tracks
• Uses a 75-horsepower, Tier 3 Cummins engine
• Features planetary axles.
RANGE OF POWER
With six available models, the Trench-Tech 2000 TT Series trenchers range from 350 to 1,400 horsepower.
• Powered by Cat engines
• Operating weights from 75,000 to 320,000 pounds
• Cuts up to 78 inches wide and 30 feet deep.
The Barreto TK track trencher has a zero-turn radius and a total ground contact of 460 square inches.
• Features an ergonomic, single-handed control
• Engine options range from 13 to 24 horsepower
• Digs trenches up to 48 inches deep.
The National Trench Safety’s work-zone safety products include handrails, slide rails, beam and plate systems, ladder access system and the Davit arm system.
• Products meet OSHA’s 29 CFR 1926.501 subpart B
• Handrails attach directly to trench shielding
• Slide rails used in place of driven tight sheeting or build-in-place timber shoring systems.
Excavate in confined jobsites that are close to buildings or highways with Griswold Machine and Engineering’s slide rail system.
• Rails and panels are put into place as the excavation proceeds
• Used in a pit configuration or for conventional pipe-laying
• Keeps ground subsidence to a minimum.
From our partners
Precision Pipeline is an excavating contractor based in Utah and known for doing high-quality, competitively priced work. Although business is…