| July 01, 2011 |
By Lauren Heartsill Dowdle
The Goodall Power Center 1100 is a 3-in-1 power unit for light- to medium-duty use.
• Provides 170 amps of welding power, 4,000 watts of AC electrical power and 16.3 cubic feet per minute of air power
• Designed for mobile service mechanics
• Can be bolted into the bed of a pickup or service body truck.
The Chicago Pneumatic CPS 185-DD portable compressor is designed for 500-hour service intervals and features a fully galvanized enclosure with removable side panels.
• Uses a 48-horsepower, three-cylinder Deutz Interim Tier 4 engine
• Curbside control panel has a protective shutdown
• Has 100-psi working pressure.
• Follow manufacturer’s recommendations for proper operation and routine maintenance. Despite safety features such as fan and belt guards, only trained technicians should adjust compressor components.
• Do not adjust safety, blow-off or control valves without referring to the operating manual. For example, improper adjustments can cause “air explosions” from the safety valve – startling and perhaps even injuring experienced operators.
• Do not change filters or check fluids while the compressor is running. Spraying fluids such as oil can cause burns or serious injury.
• Check for the correct tire pressure. Improperly inflated tires can affect road handling, damage the tire and make transportation dangerous.
• Check for excessive tread wear on the compressor tires.
• Replace worn or unreadable safety stickers on enclosure.
• Ensure that pressure and temperature gauges are working.
• Carefully inspect mechanical components for rust, wear and proper operation: hinges, tow bars, hitches, safety chains, tires and lug nuts.
– Kaeser Compressors
Vanair’s Air N Arc 300 power system can be mounted on a side-pack or behind the cab.
• Equipped with a true two-generator system
• Has a 40-cubic-feet per minute rotary screw compressor
• Available in gas and diesel versions.
The Doosan Infracore Portable Power HP750e – an electric-powered model of the HP750 – is 100 percent emissions-free.
• Power and cooling systems are controlled by liquid-cooled, variable frequency drive system
• Features heavy-duty, tandem-axle running gear
• Designed for applications that have grid power available or are already using a portable generator.
Jenny Products’ G-series single-stage, wheeled-portable compressor series is powered by an 8-horsepower Honda GX series gasoline engine.
• Features a heavy-duty, single-stage cast iron compressor pump
• Engine comes with a recoil or electric start
• Units are belt driven with a large flywheel for start-ups and additional cooling.
The Sullivan-Palatek D185P3 features side-by-side coolers, heavy-duty lifting eye and stop, turn and tail lights.
• Gull-wing doors provide access for servicing
• Choice of either John Deere or Caterpillar power
• Enclosure is powder-coated galvanneal with stainless fasteners and anodized aluminum hinges.
The Kaeser Compressor M57 Mobilair uses a heavy-duty, four-cylinder diesel engine with a cold-start battery.
• Delivers 210 cubic feet per minute at 100 psig
• Has a solid steel floor and panel insulation
• Features a torsion bar suspension system and oversized tires.
VMAC’s Predatair has built-in freeze protection and an over-temp safety switch.
• Supplies air output up to 40 or 60 cubic feet per minute
• Has a dry weight of 150 pounds
• Features a standby mode.
More From: Emissions
Do you want some tips to stay safe on the job site?
Equipment World has created an entire section devoted to safety.
Here are the most recent tips we've posted: