| July 01, 2011 |
By Lauren Heartsill Dowdle
The Goodall Power Center 1100 is a 3-in-1 power unit for light- to medium-duty use.
• Provides 170 amps of welding power, 4,000 watts of AC electrical power and 16.3 cubic feet per minute of air power
• Designed for mobile service mechanics
• Can be bolted into the bed of a pickup or service body truck.
The Chicago Pneumatic CPS 185-DD portable compressor is designed for 500-hour service intervals and features a fully galvanized enclosure with removable side panels.
• Uses a 48-horsepower, three-cylinder Deutz Interim Tier 4 engine
• Curbside control panel has a protective shutdown
• Has 100-psi working pressure.
• Follow manufacturer’s recommendations for proper operation and routine maintenance. Despite safety features such as fan and belt guards, only trained technicians should adjust compressor components.
• Do not adjust safety, blow-off or control valves without referring to the operating manual. For example, improper adjustments can cause “air explosions” from the safety valve – startling and perhaps even injuring experienced operators.
• Do not change filters or check fluids while the compressor is running. Spraying fluids such as oil can cause burns or serious injury.
• Check for the correct tire pressure. Improperly inflated tires can affect road handling, damage the tire and make transportation dangerous.
• Check for excessive tread wear on the compressor tires.
• Replace worn or unreadable safety stickers on enclosure.
• Ensure that pressure and temperature gauges are working.
• Carefully inspect mechanical components for rust, wear and proper operation: hinges, tow bars, hitches, safety chains, tires and lug nuts.
– Kaeser Compressors
Vanair’s Air N Arc 300 power system can be mounted on a side-pack or behind the cab.
• Equipped with a true two-generator system
• Has a 40-cubic-feet per minute rotary screw compressor
• Available in gas and diesel versions.
The Doosan Infracore Portable Power HP750e – an electric-powered model of the HP750 – is 100 percent emissions-free.
• Power and cooling systems are controlled by liquid-cooled, variable frequency drive system
• Features heavy-duty, tandem-axle running gear
• Designed for applications that have grid power available or are already using a portable generator.
Jenny Products’ G-series single-stage, wheeled-portable compressor series is powered by an 8-horsepower Honda GX series gasoline engine.
• Features a heavy-duty, single-stage cast iron compressor pump
• Engine comes with a recoil or electric start
• Units are belt driven with a large flywheel for start-ups and additional cooling.
The Sullivan-Palatek D185P3 features side-by-side coolers, heavy-duty lifting eye and stop, turn and tail lights.
• Gull-wing doors provide access for servicing
• Choice of either John Deere or Caterpillar power
• Enclosure is powder-coated galvanneal with stainless fasteners and anodized aluminum hinges.
The Kaeser Compressor M57 Mobilair uses a heavy-duty, four-cylinder diesel engine with a cold-start battery.
• Delivers 210 cubic feet per minute at 100 psig
• Has a solid steel floor and panel insulation
• Features a torsion bar suspension system and oversized tires.
VMAC’s Predatair has built-in freeze protection and an over-temp safety switch.
• Supplies air output up to 40 or 60 cubic feet per minute
• Has a dry weight of 150 pounds
• Features a standby mode.