| March 01, 2010 |
Trenchers & Directional Drills
By Amy Materson
Dig trenches in tight spaces with Ditch Witch’s RT80, an 83-gross-horsepower hydrostatic trencher that offers a compact footprint.
• Has a top speed of 9.9 mph to save time getting to and from jobsites
• Offers four combinations of torque and speed for adaptability
• Advanced cooling system and 30-gallon fuel tank ensure productivity.
Add trenching capability to larger skid loaders with Lowe’s Model XR-21 hydraulic trenching attachment, which is designed to operate with 13- to 25-gpm hydraulic flows.
• Available in 2-to 5-foot digging depths; 6- to 12-inch trench widths
• Has a stronger motor mounting than previous models and features a tapered motor shaft
• Hydraulic pressure capability to relief settings of 3,300 psi.
EASY TO OPERATE
Astec Underground’s RT1200 trenches up to 84 inches deep and from 7 to 18 inches wide, and features a 121-horsepower four-cylinder Cummins engine.
• Operator’s station is easy to access and has ergonomic controls
• Four-wheel steering ensures maneuverability
• Features a flywheel, torsion shaft and planetary gearbox for smooth operation.
Simplify conduit installation with TT Technologies’ Grundodrill 4X, which has a compact design for congested areas.
• Has 9,800 pounds of thrust and pullback
• Dual hydrostatic pump and four-auger stake down system provides stability
• Smart Vice system performs vice cycling operations automatically.
Toro’s TRX-26 offers the power of a ride-on trencher with the maneuverability and control of a walk-behind unit.
• Toro Dingo TX-style control system eliminates jerk steering and enables precise trenching
• Three controls operate all traction and trenching functions
• Features 4.1-psi ground pressure and zero-turn capability.
Bradco’s trenching attachment suits compact and standard size skid steers and tractors, and offers a range of sizes and tooth options.
• Cutting depths range from 24 to 60 inches; cutting widths from 3 to 12 inches
• Crumber and safety bar offers trenching precision and minimizes flying debris
• PTO shaft drive’s heavy duty slip clutch protects against overloading and excess maintenance costs.
Drill at any specified entry point ranging from 18 to 90 degrees with Vermeer’s Navigator D20x22FX Series II flex angle drill.
• Fully functional hoVrizontal drill is also useful for steep-angle geothermal loop installations
• Equipped with an automatic rod loader that operates at a full vertical position, eliminating manual handling
• Drill is only 65 inches in width for greater maneuverability.
More From: Maintenance
Do you want some tips to stay safe on the job site?
Equipment World has created an entire section devoted to safety.
Here are the most recent tips we've posted: