| January 01, 2011 |
Concrete pavers/curb and gutter machines
By Lauren Heartsill
The LeeBoy LBC-24W concrete curb and gutter machine is designed to slipform curbs and gutters, alley ribbons and narrow sidewalks.
• Weighs 7,500 pounds
• Features a 44-horsepower turbo diesel engine
• Can be used on soil or pavement using a string line or manual controls.
The GOMACO GP-2400 half-width concrete paver slipforms widths up to 24-feet wide on a tight radius.
• G+ control system uses self-diagnostics for grade and steering
• Moves 105 feet per minute in travel speed and 35 feet per minute in low speed
• Features an open-front mold and telescoping frame.
When should you buy? Downtime is a killer with a curb and gutter machine. With other pieces of equipment, you lose the operator’s productivity for that day. But with a curb and gutter machine, downtime means a crew of six to 10 laborers being paid without being productive, losing a load or two of concrete ($1,500 to $2,000) and holding up a general contractor who is waiting to pave asphalt when the curbing is finished. When a machine has so many hours on it that a breakdown becomes a consideration each time you pour, you are overdue for a replacement.
Source: Power Curber
For more products, visit our digital issue at www.EquipmentWorldDigital.com.
The Arrow 750 XL Slipform Kerber can form over dowels and rebar, in a trench and below grade.
• Uses a Yanmar three-cylinder, water-cooled diesel engine
• Features heavy-duty, solid rubber tires on heavy-duty rims
• Has an offset maximum width of 2.46 feet and a maximum height of 1.89 feet.
Overbuilt’s Easi-Pour Compact 880 pours barrier up to 42-inches high and paves up to 8-feet wide.
• Trims and pours at the same time
• Holds 47.2-cubic feet of concrete
• Features a 115-horsepower engine at 2,400 rpm.
The Power Curber 5700-C slipform paver handles sidewalks up to 10-feet wide in the center pour position and barrier walls up to 5-feet tall.
• Optional “Max Package” outfits machine with features such as larger crawlers and mounting plates
• Features a Smart Amp electronic control system
• Uses three hydraulically powered crawler tracks with planetary gear reduction.
Curb Fox Equipment offers an optional belt conveyor for the Model 3000 to enhance the slipformer’s efficiency.
• Allows continuous feeding of the CF3000 when the concrete mixer is at different levels
• Keeps a full head of concrete in the hopper
• Model 3000 remains the legal width with a standard mold.
More From: Equipment
Do you want some tips to stay safe on the job site?
Equipment World has created an entire section devoted to safety.
Here are the most recent tips we've posted: