Parsons Brinckerhoff appointed program manager for Qatar infrastructure improvements
| November 28, 2011 |
Parsons Brinckerhoff has been appointed the program management consultant to Ashghal, the public works authority of Qatar, for a QAR 30 billion (U.S. $8 billion) program focusing on the construction and upgrade of local road and drainage projects throughout the country over a five-year period. The award was announced by Minister of Municipality and Urban Planning Sheikh Abdulrahman Bin Khalifa Al-Thani.
Parsons Brinckerhoff will have overall responsibility for management and coordination of all interfaces with Ashghal and its stakeholders, the management and coordination of the Ashghal supply chain, and the development of a logistic and supply strategy with Ashghal and the various construction contractors appointed to deliver the physical infrastructure. Parsons Brinckerhoff will also oversee general engineering consultants for each of five geographic zones comprising Qatar.
From our partners
JLG announced that it was selected by United Rentals as “Strategic Supplier…
More From: Industry Briefs
- Parsons Brinckerhoff awarded contract for construction engineering and inspection services for I-4 widening in Florida
- Newmont Mining Company names Metso as supplier of the year
- Blastrac opens Greenville, S.C. location, adds Ricky Norkett and Mike Lancaster to ‘Team Blue’
- Michael F. Donnino elected to ARTBA’s executive committee
- Winners announced for student video contest on transportation issues
- Volvo Trucks names Göran Nyberg...