NRMCA presents awards at annual convention
| April 27, 2010 |
The National Ready Mixed Concrete Association (NRMCA) presented the following awards during its annual convention held in March in Austin, Texas.
- 2010 Richard D. Gaynor Award: Lawrence R. Roberts of Roberts Consulting Group
- William B. Allen Award: Tom Larkin of U.S. Concrete
- State Association of the Year Award: The British Columbia Ready-Mixed Concrete Association
- National High School Essay Contest: Brook Overbay or Richmond, Kentucky
- Promoter of the Year: John Swart of Vulcan Materials Company, Mid-Atlantic Region
- 2010 Lifetime Achievement Award for Promotion: Eugene Martineau
- 2010 Joseph E. Carpenter Award:
- Tim Becken of Cemstone Products Company in Mendota Heights, Minnesota
- Terry Green of U.S. Concrete in Euless, Texas
- Tom Pittman of PCS in Annapolis Junction, Maryland
- Mike Taylor of Lafarge in Alpharetta, Georgia
- 20th Anniversary Mentor Driver Program Partnership Award: Knife River Corporation
- 2010 Driver of the Year Award: John Hilliard from Redi-Mix Concrete in Denton, Texas
More From: Industry Briefs
- Parsons Brinckerhoff awarded contract for construction engineering and inspection services for I-4 widening in Florida
- Newmont Mining Company names Metso as supplier of the year
- Blastrac opens Greenville, S.C. location, adds Ricky Norkett and Mike Lancaster to ‘Team Blue’
- Michael F. Donnino elected to ARTBA’s executive committee
- Winners announced for student video contest on transportation issues
- Volvo Trucks names Göran Nyberg...
Do you want some tips to stay safe on the job site?
Equipment World has created an entire section devoted to safety.
Here are the most recent tips we've posted: