New financed construction equipment sales up 3% in May, used sales decline 9%
| July 03, 2014 |
New and used financed construction equipment unit sales went opposite directions in the month of May, according to figures released by Equipment Data Associates. New unit sales of financed construction equipment rose 3 percent during May, going from 8,000 in April to 8,273 units.
Used financed units, on the other hand, declined nearly 9 percent, going from 8,389 units in April to 7,664 units in May.
In year-over-year comparisons, the number of new equipment units rose 16 percent compared with May 2013 and used units declined 6 percent.
As they did last month, compact track loaders dominated the top new model list in terms of number of units sold. (This list tends to skew toward compact equipment because of its lower purchase price.) The top 10 financed models sold during the month were:
1. Caterpillar 259D compact track loader, 112 units
2. Kubota SVL902 compact track loader, 102 units
3. Bobcat S650 skid steer, 100 units
4. Bobcat T590 compact track loader, 100 units
5. Bobcat T650 compact track loader, 90 units
6. Cat 336E L excavator, 79 units
7. John Deere 310SK backhoe, 66 units
8. Kubota SVL752 compact track loader, 59 units
9. Cat 289D compact track loader, 58 units
10. Kubota KX1213 compact excavator, 57 units
(Note: Counts as of July 2, 2014. EDA records are continually updated.)
A heavy construction firm in North Carolina was the top buyer for the month, buying 58 machines, including 23 dozers and seven single-drum compactors. Other top buyers included:
- A Minnesota utility contractor, 29 units, including 15 compact track loaders.
- A Wisconsin sewer and water pipeline contractor, buying 16 excavators and eight dozers for a total of 24 units.
Cat (1,826 units), Deere (1,017 units) and Bobcat (972 units) were the top three brands in terms of number of financed new units sold during May. Cat Financial Services financed 990 units during the month, followed by John Deere Industrial Credit, 751 units, and GE Capital Commercial, 386 units.
Editor’s Note: Equipment Data Associates is a division of Randall-Reilly and tracks public Uniform Commercial Code-1 filings submitted by lenders in financed equipment transactions.
From our partners
When conducting preventative maintenance on your electric motor, there are a number…
More From: Equipment
Do you want some tips to stay safe on the job site?
Equipment World has created an entire section devoted to safety.
Here are the most recent tips we've posted: