NDA names six scholarship winners
| June 07, 2012 |
National Demolition Association presented college scholarships to six students at the 39th Annual National Demolition Association Convention in Las Vegas. The NDA has given these awards for more than 10 years.
Nicholas Miller, a 2012 graduate of Quakertown Community Senior High School from Quakertown, Pennsylvania, received the Bill and Wanda Baker Scholarship. Pamela Kirkpatrick, a student at Messiah College from Hatfield, Pennsylvania, received the Patrick H. O’Rourke Scholarship. Both scholarships’ sponsors are Haines & Kibblehouse in Skippack, Pennsylvania.
The National Demolition Association Scholarship was awarded to two members of the 2012 graduating class. Amber Lee of Summerville, South Carolina, was sponsored by NASDI in Waltham, Massachusettes, and will graduate from Can Bay High School. Margaret Keating Olesen of Unionville, Connecticut, was sponsored by Manafort Brothers in Plainville, Connecticut. She will graduate from Phillips Exeter Academy.
Northeastern University School of Law student, Monica Passeno of Boston, Massachusttes, received the National Demolition Association Southern California Chapter Scholarship and was sponsored by Bierlein in Midland, Michigan. Western Carolina University student, Casey Swoope of Monroe, North Carolina, received the Sims Adams Scholarship. Her sponsor was Environmental Holdings Group in Morrisville, North Carolina.
For more information, visit demolitionassociation.com.
From our partners
The JLG Mobile Analyzer is a first of its kind in the…
More From: Industry Briefs
- Parsons Brinckerhoff awarded contract for construction engineering and inspection services for I-4 widening in Florida
- Newmont Mining Company names Metso as supplier of the year
- Blastrac opens Greenville, S.C. location, adds Ricky Norkett and Mike Lancaster to ‘Team Blue’
- Michael F. Donnino elected to ARTBA’s executive committee
- Winners announced for student video contest on transportation issues
- Volvo Trucks names Göran Nyberg...