NCCER, ACT partner to build construction careers
| March 23, 2010 |
The National Center for Construction Education and Research (NCCER) and college-prep testing company ACT are partnering to produce a certification assessment to build construction industry careers. NCCER will use ACT research and workforce readiness solutions to ensure prospective and current construction workers have the essential foundational skills to succeed in training courses and on the job.
Using three of ACT’s WorkKeys assessments, Reading for Information, Applied Mathematics and Locating Information; NCCER’s program will test trainees’ skills that are essential to workplace success and allow them to earn a National Career Readiness Certificate.
The certificate serves as a nationwide entry point for further training, and individuals can qualify for one of the four levels of the certificate: platinum, gold, silver and bronze. For more information about the certificate and its assessments, visit ACT’s website.
From our partners
The interactive books combine product specifications with product features, benefits, options and…
Warning: Missing argument 2 for wpdb::prepare(), called in /home/cms/public_html/wp-content/themes/equipworld2.0/includes/sponsored-content.php on line 28 and defined in /home/cms/public_html/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 992
More From: Workforce
- Parsons Brinckerhoff awarded contract for construction engineering and inspection services for I-4 widening in Florida
- Newmont Mining Company names Metso as supplier of the year
- Blastrac opens Greenville, S.C. location, adds Ricky Norkett and Mike Lancaster to ‘Team Blue’
- Michael F. Donnino elected to ARTBA’s executive committee
- Winners announced for student video contest on transportation issues
- Volvo Trucks names Göran Nyberg...