Natural Gas for High Horsepower (HHP) Summit set for Sept. 26-28
| August 30, 2012 |
A Natural Gas for High Horsepower (HHP) Summit is being held Sept. 26-28 in Houston to focus on the applications where liquefied natural gas (LNG) can replace diesel in off-road high horsepower applications used in the construction, mining, E&P drilling, rail and marine industries.
Conference sessions will highlight case studies from around the world where LNG is being used instead of diesel to power high horsepower applications. The benefits of using LNG over diesel include cutting fuel costs by potentially up to 50 percent and compliance with local air quality standards.
Speakers at HHP Summit representing the opportunity to use LNG in construction applications include Frank Starke, global product manager for oil and gas, Caterpillar; Robert Frayser, vice chairman, Utah Mining Association and general manager, Lisbon Valley Mine; David Bolderoff, fleet administrator, Los Angeles County Sanitation District; and Claus Emmer, LNG system sales manager, Chart Industries.
From our partners
Thanks to Eaton’s UltraShift® PLUS VCS Transmissions, Let It Snow…Let It Snow…Let It Snow “I had concerns before we even…
More From: Equipment
- Parsons Brinckerhoff awarded contract for construction engineering and inspection services for I-4 widening in Florida
- Newmont Mining Company names Metso as supplier of the year
- Blastrac opens Greenville, S.C. location, adds Ricky Norkett and Mike Lancaster to ‘Team Blue’
- Michael F. Donnino elected to ARTBA’s executive committee
- Winners announced for student video contest on transportation issues
- Volvo Trucks names Göran Nyberg...