NDA releases safe work practices guide
| June 14, 2010 |
The National Demolition Association, in collaboration with the National Federation of Demolition Contractors in the United Kingdom, has produced a guide entitled “High Reach Demolition Machine Guidance Document” to outline recommended safe work practices for demolition of structures greater than three stories high.
The 14-page booklet promotes development of a work plan and engineering survey regarding the specification of work practices, the manufacture, supply, and use of the machines, and their transportation, loading, and unloading.
The guide was prepared by an NDA Work Group studying equipment safety, working under the direction of NDA President Raymond Passeno, CIH, CHMM, and targets manufacturers, distributors, transporters, erection crews and operators.
Copies are available at $3.00 each and can be obtained by contacting the National Demolition Association at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 800-541-2412.
The National Demolition Association is a non-profit trade organization representing approximately 1,000 U.S. and Canadian companies and many international firms that are involved in the demolition process.
Membership includes demolition contractors, general contractors, civil engineering firms, and recycling, landfill, and salvage operations. The association’s efforts help members stay abreast of environmental, regulatory and safety matters, keep regulators informed about issues facing the industry, increase public and industry awareness, and provide members with networking opportunities and information on the latest technical advances in equipment and services. The Website is www.demolitionassociation.com.
More From: Equipment
- Parsons Brinckerhoff awarded contract for construction engineering and inspection services for I-4 widening in Florida
- Newmont Mining Company names Metso as supplier of the year
- Blastrac opens Greenville, S.C. location, adds Ricky Norkett and Mike Lancaster to ‘Team Blue’
- Michael F. Donnino elected to ARTBA’s executive committee
- Winners announced for student video contest on transportation issues
- Volvo Trucks names Göran Nyberg...