NAPA Care Emergency Benevolent Fund assists families
| January 19, 2012 |
The National Asphalt Pavement Association (NAPA) Associate Member Council announces the launch of the NAPA Care Emergency Benevolent Fund, a new program to support workers in the asphalt pavement industry. The purpose of NAPA Care is to get immediate help to families in the aftermath of an asphalt paving work zone or plant site fatality. NAPA Care will be administered by the NAPA Research and Education Foundation (NAPAREF), a 501(c) 3 non-profit organization.
Organizers of the program have said that one of the critical needs after a fatality is to quickly get financial help to affected families. NAPA Care will immediately deliver a substantial check to the NAPA Member company to hand-deliver to the victim’s family. The family may use the money any way they choose.
Only NAPA Member companies, individuals and associated organizations can donate to the NAPA Care Emergency Benevolent Fund, and only employees of NAPA Members will benefit. A special “Founders Circle” has been formed for donations or pledges of $5,000 or more. Pledges of $5,000 or more can be paid over five years if desired.
For more information or applicable forms on this new program, go to the Research & Education tab under NAPA’s Web site at www.asphaltpavement.org or call the NAPAREF office at 888-468-6499.
From our partners
Thanks to Eaton’s UltraShift® PLUS VCS Transmissions, Let It Snow…Let It Snow…Let…
More From: Industry Briefs
- Parsons Brinckerhoff awarded contract for construction engineering and inspection services for I-4 widening in Florida
- Newmont Mining Company names Metso as supplier of the year
- Blastrac opens Greenville, S.C. location, adds Ricky Norkett and Mike Lancaster to ‘Team Blue’
- Michael F. Donnino elected to ARTBA’s executive committee
- Winners announced for student video contest on transportation issues
- Volvo Trucks names Göran Nyberg...