Monroe Tractor celebrates 60 years in business
| March 09, 2011
Monroe Tractor is celebrating its 60th anniversary this year. The heavy equipment dealer has been serving agricultural and construction customers throughout New York since 1951 when Henry M. Hansen opened the first location in Henrietta. There are now eleven locations in New York.
Hansen still serves as chairman of the board and CEO, and his daughters run the day-to-day operations of the business. The dealership has grown from a 30-foot by 40-foot block structure on a two-acre parcel to a statewide operation with 11 locations. Four locations specialize in construction equipment, five in agricultural equipment and two offer both types of equipment.
Monroe Tractor also offers same-day parts delivery, shop service and on-site service for routine maintenance and emergencies.