MINExpo 2012 preview: rugged GammaTech tablets and convertible laptops on display
| September 21, 2012 |
Those of you making the trip to MINExpo 2012 next week who love taking a look at new technology for the field, be sure to check out GammaTech Computer’s lineup of rugged tablets and convertible computers at the show.
GammaTech will set up shop in the South Hall of the Las Vegas Convention Center from September 24-26 in booth #26212. The company will display several models it says “can easily be used both in the mining field and in an office.” Devices with creen sizes ranging from 7 inches to 13.3 inches with custom builds available will be on display.
Each GammaTech device is built to the Military 810G standard for drop, shock, spill, and dust protection,and the company says “each model can stand up to many heavy-duty, industrial applications such as in the mining industry.”
Here are the devices that will be on display:
- The T7Q (pictured above) is a 7-inch tablet with a resistive (most consumer tablets like the iPad, Kindle Fire or Nexus 7 have capcitive touch displays. Resistive has a softer feel that requires more push than tap.) touchscreen. It comes equipped with an Intel Atom Processor as well as numerous I/O port options including USB, RS-232 and RJ-45 ports and an integrated 5.0 Megapixel camera at the back of the unit.
- The RT10C is a 10.2-inch tablet powered by an Intel Core i7-620UE mobile processor with integrated HD graphics, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth support, and more.
- GammaTech says the U12C is a good device for field workers in mining. This laptop features a 12.1-inch touchscreen allowing it to convert into a tablet. It’s powered by an Intel Core i5 processor and a variety of I/O options including a RS232 port or GPS to an optional second 2 megapixel auto-focus camera. A vehicle docking station is also available.
- The R13C laptop/tablet hybrid is tested for drop, shock, and spill protection, plus salt, fog and freeze/thaw standards. The computer has a 13.3-inch multi-touch shock-mounted touchscreen and water-resistant backlit keyboard.
The entire GammaTech product line is available through authorized resellers nationwide and at http://www.gammatech-durabook.com/whereToBuy.jsp. Every GammaTech product may be customized to customer specifications.
From our partners
Snow Valley Ski Club in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, operates seven days a…
Warning: Missing argument 2 for wpdb::prepare(), called in /home/cms/public_html/wp-content/themes/equipworld2.0/includes/sponsored-content.php on line 28 and defined in /home/cms/public_html/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 992
More From: Mobile
- Wall Street tycoon wants to save the planet with attack ads, should have studied engineering instead
- Community involvement, business acumen drives Phillips Companies, one of our 2014 Contractor of the Year finalists
- UAW defeat in Chattanooga ought to be a...
- Concrete work the “sweet spot” for...
- Already break your New Year’s...
- Ken Kesey, Obamacare and you