McLaughlin helps clean up Gulf oil spill
| July 08, 2010 |
McLaughlin’s vacuum excavators are helping oil spill cleanup efforts in the Gulf of Mexico. Used on barges along the coast, the vacuum excavators transfer the oil and water mix to a facility where the oil is burned from the water and clean water is transferred back into the Gulf.
The units also aid in removing oil from sea walls by heating the area, allowing vacuums to suck up oil more easily from the base of the wall. McLaughlin team members are helping out on the shore by planning faster ways to extract tar balls from the beaches.
From our partners
Thanks to Eaton’s UltraShift® PLUS VCS Transmissions, Let It Snow…Let It Snow…Let…
More From: Industry Briefs
- Parsons Brinckerhoff awarded contract for construction engineering and inspection services for I-4 widening in Florida
- Newmont Mining Company names Metso as supplier of the year
- Blastrac opens Greenville, S.C. location, adds Ricky Norkett and Mike Lancaster to ‘Team Blue’
- Michael F. Donnino elected to ARTBA’s executive committee
- Winners announced for student video contest on transportation issues
- Volvo Trucks names Göran Nyberg...