Liberty Tire Recycling appoints VP of asphalt products
| July 09, 2010 |
Pittsburgh-based Liberty Tire Recycling appointed Douglas D. Carlson as vice president of asphalt products.
In his new role, Carlson will help cfocus on the emerging market of rubber asphalt.
A recognized expert in the use of rubberized asphalt, tire recycling and granulated tire rubber in engineering materials, Carlson has held a number of executive and managerial positions during his career. This includes his most recent position as the director of the Rubber Pavement Association. In the last decade , he has authored 12 published reports on a variety of rubberized asphalt-related topics.
Crumb rubber comprises 15- to 22-percent of the mix in rubberized asphalt, and Liberty Tire Recycling produces crumb rubber at a number of its facilities across North America. The company has the capacity to produce more than 250 million pounds of crumb rubber per year.
Rubberized asphalt represents a value proposition to cities and towns, because it is considerably less costly to maintain than traditional paving material. It is also safer and quieter. Rubberized asphalt produces greater skid resistance, decreases splash and spray in wet conditions, and reduces noise levels. Moreover, rubber asphalt is an ecologically friendly alternative to traditional road surfaces, because it consumes scrap tires that might have otherwise ended up in a landfill or dump.
From our partners
Thanks to Eaton’s UltraShift® PLUS VCS Transmissions, Let It Snow…Let It Snow…Let It Snow “I had concerns before we even…
More From: Industry Briefs
- Parsons Brinckerhoff awarded contract for construction engineering and inspection services for I-4 widening in Florida
- Newmont Mining Company names Metso as supplier of the year
- Blastrac opens Greenville, S.C. location, adds Ricky Norkett and Mike Lancaster to ‘Team Blue’
- Michael F. Donnino elected to ARTBA’s executive committee
- Winners announced for student video contest on transportation issues
- Volvo Trucks names Göran Nyberg...