JPB mixer driver wins 1st place at ‘roadeo’
| October 11, 2010 |
Two Jack B. Parson Companies’ (JBP) mixer drivers walked away with cash prizes and top honors at the eighth annual Northern Utah Ready Mix Truck Roadeo.
The Roadeo, sponsored by the Ready Mix Council of the Utah Associated General Contractors Association, was held at H & E Equipment Company on Sept. 25, 2010. JBP drivers placed first and third at the event, making 2010 the seventh out of eight years that JBP has won the competition.
Three different tests were administered during the Roadeo, including a written test, a pre-trip inspection conducted by the Utah Highway Patrol and a driving test that measured the driver’s skill in maneuvering, backing, turning and stopping the mixer. Also tested during the event were concrete placement and chute handling skills.
Corey Sadler of JBP’s Smithfield plant was awarded a first place plaque and $1,000 cash prize.
Sadler has been a JBP employee for 15 years and represented JBP at the National Ready Mix Concrete Association Roadeo held Oct. 10 in Charlotte, N.C.
Chuck Rasband of JBP’s Beck Street plant was awarded a third place plaque and $500 cash prize. Rasband has been a JBP employee for 14 years.
“It is great to be part of an organization where every employee strives for excellence not only in their driving skills, but in safety and their desire to make JBP The Preferred Source,” said Bob Rowberry, JBP general manager, said in a written statement. “I am proud of this year’s winners and our excellent drivers who participated in the event. They represent our company well.”
From our partners
JLG has just launched the world’s largest self-propelled boom lift -- the…
More From: Equipment
- Parsons Brinckerhoff awarded contract for construction engineering and inspection services for I-4 widening in Florida
- Newmont Mining Company names Metso as supplier of the year
- Blastrac opens Greenville, S.C. location, adds Ricky Norkett and Mike Lancaster to ‘Team Blue’
- Michael F. Donnino elected to ARTBA’s executive committee
- Winners announced for student video contest on transportation issues
- Volvo Trucks names Göran Nyberg...