- Equipment World - http://www.equipmentworld.com -
Posted By admin On October 4, 2011 @ 5:05 pm In In the Magazine | No Comments
Used Articulated Hauler Checklist
By Marcia Gruver
Does it need to cleaned and/or painted?
Make/model Serial number How does it start? Hours since overhaul Oil leaks? Oil pressure? Condition of engine oil Overfull on dipstick? Engine power Any unusual noises or misses? Radiator condition Charge air cooler condition Antifreeze condition Blow-by check Fuel system Oil analysis results
Leaks? Condition of transmission oil Fluid level Filter condition Condition of hoses and lines Any slippage during operation? Operates easily in all speeds, forward and reverse? High/low dropbox Differential locks, test in all ranges:
• 4-wheel drive, diff locks disengaged
• 4-wheel drive w. transverse diff lock on front axle
• 6-wheel drive and longitudinal diff lock
• 6-wheel drive, longitudinal diff lock and diff lock on front axle.
• 6-wheel drive, all diff locks engaged
Drive line/U joints Torque converter
• Do the breaks hold the truck when you test them by pressing the brake pedal down and trying to drive through the brakes in 3rd and 4th gear?
• Move forward and stop the unit three or four times to check how fast the brake system pressure drops and if it recovers.
• Check emergency brake by applying the brake and trying to drive through 4th gear
Leaks in the master cylinder? Wear on brake shoes or pads Parking brake
Retarder function properly?
Unusual noises from the hydraulic pump or air in the system?
Condition of cylinders
Body lift and return cycle time
Any cracks or welds?
Pin and bushing wear
Pivot point nut tight?
• Drop the body from the raised position and check for movement
• Move the steering cylinders and check for pin and bushing wear
Front suspension, condition of:
• Shock absorbers
• Rubber springs
• Spherical bushings
Rear suspension, condition of:
• Rubber elements
• Bogie beams
• Tie rods
Gauges and controls:
• Electronic monitoring system
• Back-up alarm
Seat fully adjustable?
Cracks or welds?
Steps and grab bars
Any damage or dents in the body?
Belly pan condition
Condition of guards
Fuel tank condition
Liner condition (if applicable)
Tailgate condition (if applicable)
Condition of wheels, hubs and rims
Comments of previous owner or seller
Detail any recent repairs and rebuilds and who did them
Condition of maintenance records – available electronically?
Note any repairs and estimated costs
Article printed from Equipment World: http://www.equipmentworld.com
URL to article: http://www.equipmentworld.com/inspection-checkpoint-9/
URLs in this post:
 Image: http://www.equipmentworld.com/files/2011/10/chartUntitled-11.jpg
Copyright © 2012 Equipment World -- Development. All rights reserved.