Indiana Department of Transportation seeking public comment on 4-year Statewide Transportation Improvement Program
| November 17, 2009 |
The Indiana Department of Transportation (INDOT) is seeking public comment on its draft four-year Statewide Transportation Improvement Program (STIP). The Draft STIP will be available for review starting Monday, Nov. 16 on INDOT’s Web site, http://indot.IN.gov, and at six regional open houses around the stat e Nov. 16-19.
The Statewide Transportation Improvement Program is a document required by federal law projecting capital investments involving federal funds and other regionally significant improvements for the next four fiscal years. Funding sources include traditional state and federal tax revenues, and Gov. Mitch Daniels’ Major Moves highway program. Federal funding levels are based upon the current federal surface transportation act, SAFETEA-LU, which has been extended through Dec. 18.
INDOT planners will be available to answer one-on-one questions about the Draft STIP and accept public comments any time during six regional open houses. Written comments may also be submitted through INDOT’s STIP Web site. Open house locations and hours are listed in local times below:
· Northeast Indiana: 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. on Tuesday, November 17 at INDOT’s Fort Wayne District Administration Building, 5333 Hatfield Road, Fort Wayne, IN
· West Central Indiana: 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. on Wednesday, November 18 at North Montgomery High School, 5945 North U.S. Highway 231, Crawfordsville, IN
· East Central Indiana: 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. on Thursday, November 19, at INDOT’s Greenfield District Administration Building, 32 South Broadway Street, Greenfield, IN
· Southeast Indiana: 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. on Thursday, November 19, at INDOT’s Seymour District Office, 185 Agrico Lane, Seymour, IN
· Southwest Indiana: 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. on Thursday, November 19 at INDOT’s Vincennes Sub-District Office, 3650 South U.S. Highway 41, Vincennes, IN
· Northwest Indiana: 8 a.m. to 12 noon on Friday, November 20 at INDOT’s La Porte District Office, 315 East Boyd Blvd, La Porte, IN
From our partners
Precision Pipeline is an excavating contractor based in Utah and known for doing high-quality, competitively priced work. Although business is…